Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Bradman111
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Play Trespasser on Steam Deck?

Post by Bradman111 »

Hey Guys,

Huge fan of trespasser here. Do you think that it will ever be possible to play trespasser on Steam deck? Sorry for the general question but it would be a dream come true to play trespasser on such a mobile device. Thanks for reading
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Play Trespasser on Steam Deck?

Post by tatu »

Welcome to TresCom!

No clue. I am not sure how the Steam deck will deal with non-steam games but I guess we'll wait and see. It would be really cool :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

The Steam Deck uses SteamOS which is based on Linux. I know it's possible to play Trespasser on Linux with WINE, so you should be able to, but we'd need to have someone with a Steam Deck to test it to know for sure. Considering Trespasser's unorthodox controls, I don't think it would be great expience though.
Bradman111
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Bradman111 »

Thanks so much for the responses. I think you are correct, it’s still a lot of fun just to talk about it though.
tatu
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

We've got one report on this on our main site from "no_donatello":
"Can confirm I just completed a full playthrough on Steam Deck with the CE patch. Played great. Even seemed to adjust resolution between external monitor and Deck. Also the Deck’s touchpad worked great for aiming. Scratch this one off my gaming bucket list!"
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bradman111
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Bradman111 »

Tatu, that is so so exciting. My reservation is coming up in Q3 for my steam deck and want to play trespasser on a mobile gaming device so bad. I already have Trespasser on an old laptop, but that is the only reason why I keep that laptop around haha. I will have to try and contact no_donatello to see how I can make this possible on my Steam deck. Thank you!
sakre99
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by sakre99 »

Bradman111 wrote:Tatu, that is so so exciting. My reservation is coming up in Q3 for my steam deck and want to play trespasser on a mobile gaming device so bad. I already have Trespasser on an old laptop, but that is the only reason why I keep that laptop around haha. I will have to try and contact no_donatello to see how I can make this possible on my Steam deck. Thank you!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z-suNfnvA8
Bradman111
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Bradman111 »

Hey sakre99,

Great video, do you know how they were able to get Trespasser to run on the steam deck? Sorry, I don’t have extensive computer knowledge!
sakre99
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by sakre99 »

Bradman111 wrote:Hey sakre99,

Great video, do you know how they were able to get Trespasser to run on the steam deck? Sorry, I don’t have extensive computer knowledge!
Hey, thx.
I will write you short how I did this:
I installed https://www.trescom.org/download/trespa ... arter-kit/ on my pc with windows -> copied original files from Trespasser cd -> copied everything to my steamdeck -> added exe as non steam game to steam -> run with proton experimental
You can check on YT how to play non steam games on steamdeck, it's super easy.