Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Trespasser42086
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Trespasser CE CD run issue

Post by Trespasser42086 »

Hey Trescom forum friends,

I have an Trespasser CE issue that I could use some help with.

I used: https://jurassic.report/2019/06/26/how- ... indows-10/
as a guide, and there is a video i have used with the same info.

Well, Here are the steps that i used:

Installed the CD to a tres cd folder in C: - I ensured the hidden files were visible (EAHELP.GHD)
I then installed to the normal file path C:\Program Files (x86)\DreamWorks Interactive
The game runs fine from there, with the usual screen color issues etc.

I then go to add the Trespasser CE patch items from the guides. everything seems to go well.
I then press on tpassp6.exe and run into this error.

Trespasser error: Please Insert the Trespasser CD into C/\Program Files (X86)\DreamWorksInteractive\Trespasser\data\.

There doesn't appear to be an answer to this from what I have seen. If there is another person that has posted on this, please help me to that post and we can close this one.

Side notes: I am the admin account and have tried run as admin etc.
I did update to Windows 11 from windows 10... which i regret

I feel like i am one step away from a new trespasser experience. Look forward to any help you can throw my way.
Have Faith... Believe...
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Trespasser CE CD run issue

Post by tatu »

I do recall someone on the Discord having Windows 11 and running the game without issues. In any case, I'd suggest that you uninstall the game, and reinstall it outside of Program Files, into something like C:/Games/Trespasser. That way you will not get the writing to path issues. If this don't work, let me know and I'll have another suggestion. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

I seem to recall that after having copied the CD contents to a hard drive and before installing, you needed to remove the CD from the disk drive. In any case, I would try the Trespasser 2020: A Trespasser Modding Starter Kit by MikeTheRaptor instead :) There's a detailed PDF guide in there on how to easily set up the game with either CE or ATX. Highly recommended.
Trespasser42086
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Thanks for the quick replies!

I tried installing to a different folder path. i.e. C:\Games\Trespasser

I then get the same issue, but about the new file path.

I want to use the recommended:

Trespasser 2020: A Trespasser Modding Starter Kit by MikeTheRaptor

but get a Fail - Network error on download.

If there is another way of downloading this, or if the file path needs fixed, I am ready to try it.

Thanks so far!
Have Faith... Believe...
tatu

Post by tatu »

Weird, thanks for letting me know. I'll take a look. It seems files above a certain size no longer works. In the meantime, the direct-link seems to work fine: https://www.trescom.org/files/tools/Tres_2020.7z

EDIT: Downloads work fine now.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Trespasser42086
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Again, thanks for the quick reply!

So, I was able to download and use the most recent link to get the tool kit. All done right?

Well, I hit a snag. Figured out how to switch between mods and pull in Trespasser levels but....

All levels in any mod setting at launch give me a "scene files invalid" close out. Same for the ones provided.

I went over the guide a few times and the trouble shooting ini and doesn't mention scene invalid trouble shooting.

Any ideas? Soo close!
Have Faith... Believe...
tatu

Post by tatu »

I forgot how to fix a scene file invalid issue. Could you try to unpack the download and put the folder on your desktop, and the run the EXE with admin rights in the CE folder without doing any other changes?

Trespasser42086
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

It Worked! For some reason, downloading and installing to desktop instead of C:\ works for the test kit. Got the tres cd imported levels working too!

very excited for this.

Down side, I did back track and try to do that same thing with the "tres cd" and installing the game all on the desktop. Still get the "error missing CD" as before.

Upside, the tool kit now works! I think we can close on this one.
Have Faith... Believe...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Glad to hear you got that sorted out. Sometimes Tres needs odd things to make it work. Can be as unstable as crate stacking ingame.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Trespasser42086 wrote:Down side, I did back track and try to do that same thing with the "tres cd" and installing the game all on the desktop. Still get the "error missing CD" as before.
When doing this, did you remove the CD? It's important (don't remember why) that AFTER copying the CD contents to your HD and BEFORE installing, you have to remove the CD from the disk drive. Otherwise it will still go looking for the CD when trying to run the game.
Trespasser42086
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

:P crate stacking indeed
Have Faith... Believe...