Ways to unlock the Ops locked door in InGen Town?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Ways to unlock the Ops locked door in InGen Town?

Post by Hilwo »

I'm working on a new Wu's Stash savegame for the InGen Town level. Tried to keep all the doors locked, but now I noticed the door in the
Ops building is unlocked anyway. I can't remember having been in there. I know it unlocks by either using a keycard or dropping down in
from the roof. But there's no interesting items in there for me, so does anyone know of some other way I accidentally unlocked it? I thought
maybe it would automatically unlock after unlocking Hammond's gate, but no. That's one of the things I tried to see if I could figure it out.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Ways to unlock the Ops locked door in InGen Town?

Post by tatu »

Looking at the scripts, no. However, the door is not scripted in the normal sense that it is frozen and gets unfrozen. The script adds "bool Enable = true" and "bool ZFree = true" to the door then activating it. Maybe it is related to weird magnet issues like you experienced in LAB with the gates?
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

A second magnet mystery... Those things are hard to wrap my head around. That Enable script still eludes me.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Yeah, I tried a bunch of things earlier today to see if I could replicate it - but nope.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Trespasser's physics engine seems to be a bit variable. The number of physics it can handle seems to vary amongst computers. I have a vague recollection of door magnets failing before. Possibly if a magneted physical object gets "forgotten" by the engine, the magnets on it break? "Break" or just stop working.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Draconisaurus wrote:Trespasser's physics engine seems to be a bit variable. The number of physics it can handle seems to vary amongst computers. I have a vague recollection of door magnets failing before. Possibly if a magneted physical object gets "forgotten" by the engine, the magnets on it break? "Break" or just stop working.