New save - both Rexes at the warehouses (Lab)

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

New save - both Rexes at the warehouses (Lab)

Post by Hilwo »

Been ages since I made a new save :) This one has both Rexes near the warehouses in the Lab level. I thought the green Rex had
an anchor to the Trike, but now I'm not sure. It wasn't easy to get it over there following me and the Trike I was shooting over
there. As in, it got distracted by raptors a bunch of times and settled on eating those over the Trike. So I had to get them
out of the way first :P I know you can just move anything around in TresEd, but I like doing these things ingame :)
Attachments
warehouses.jpg
warehouses.jpg (262.08 KiB) Viewed 1552 times
SAVEGAME.zip
(390.53 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: New save - both Rexes at the warehouses (Lab)

Post by Draconisaurus »

Maybe it's the family reunion after the San Diego Incident.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

I dunno. They don't seem to be getting along :P
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Cool!

According to the script, the Trike is the anchor for the green T-Rex. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

tatu wrote:According to the script, the Trike is the anchor for the green T-Rex. :)
Cool, thanks :) Weird though that he'd ignore the Trike and go for Raptors close by. Even after they are killed, the Rex starts eating them over the Trike.

For the Rex at the Lab save I made way back in 2001, I noticed that the Raptor vs Trike you encounter along the road to the Lab were moved way out of the way. I wonder if they posed a similar problem. I can't remember other anchor issues like this - I'm used to dinosaurs ignoring everything around them and heading straight for their anchor when unfreezing them. Not the green Rex, though.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Without looking at the AI script, I am just gonna guess it depends on their scripting. Sometimes the "StayNear" is higher for some AI and others not. For example does the Green T-Rex has 10(OK) to 40(Max) distance from its anchor. The Raptor at the Trike has 20-50.
I think a big reason they used the anchors was to avoid the player being able to have too many AI in the small area, and therefore create a ton of lag as well as inactive AI :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

tatu wrote:Without looking at the AI script, I am just gonna guess it depends on their scripting. Sometimes the "StayNear" is higher for some AI and others not. For example does the Green T-Rex has 10(OK) to 40(Max) distance from its anchor. The Raptor at the Trike has 20-50.
Cool, thanks for checking it out :) Yeah maybe the Rex was fine with munching on Raptors because the Trike was still very close by?
tatu wrote:I think a big reason they used the anchors was to avoid the player being able to have too many AI in the small area, and therefore create a ton of lag as well as inactive AI :D
Sounds very likely :) Also the Rex stumbling around the harbor containers does not look very threatening :P
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Interesting. There do sometimes seem to be differences within parts of retail files we can't see, such as the distance Anne holds guns from herself (in that case, the same gun from a retail level will be head further away if imported into a fresh level).