TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Thu May 26, 2022 5:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:30 pm 
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Been ages since I made a new save :) This one has both Rexes near the warehouses in the Lab level. I thought the green Rex had
an anchor to the Trike, but now I'm not sure. It wasn't easy to get it over there following me and the Trike I was shooting over
there. As in, it got distracted by raptors a bunch of times and settled on eating those over the Trike. So I had to get them
out of the way first :P I know you can just move anything around in TresEd, but I like doing these things ingame :)

Attachments:
warehouses.jpg
warehouses.jpg [ 262.08 KiB | Viewed 447 times ]
SAVEGAME.zip [390.53 KiB]
Downloaded 41 times

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:59 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Maybe it's the family reunion after the San Diego Incident.

"Well, as long as you're under there, you can check the breakers," Thorne said. ... "There's a box right behind the front bumper. Over on the left."
"I see it." [said Sarah]
"The box is in backward. Flip all the switches the other way. Are you dry?"
"No, Doc. I'm soaking wet, lying in the damn mud."

~Michael Crichton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:06 pm 
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

I dunno. They don't seem to be getting along :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:39 pm 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Cool!

According to the script, the Trike is the anchor for the green T-Rex. :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:02 pm 
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

tatu wrote:
According to the script, the Trike is the anchor for the green T-Rex. :)

Cool, thanks :) Weird though that he'd ignore the Trike and go for Raptors close by. Even after they are killed, the Rex starts eating them over the Trike.

For the Rex at the Lab save I made way back in 2001, I noticed that the Raptor vs Trike you encounter along the road to the Lab were moved way out of the way. I wonder if they posed a similar problem. I can't remember other anchor issues like this - I'm used to dinosaurs ignoring everything around them and heading straight for their anchor when unfreezing them. Not the green Rex, though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:07 pm 

Without looking at the AI script, I am just gonna guess it depends on their scripting. Sometimes the "StayNear" is higher for some AI and others not. For example does the Green T-Rex has 10(OK) to 40(Max) distance from its anchor. The Raptor at the Trike has 20-50.
I think a big reason they used the anchors was to avoid the player being able to have too many AI in the small area, and therefore create a ton of lag as well as inactive AI :D

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:28 pm 
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

tatu wrote:
Without looking at the AI script, I am just gonna guess it depends on their scripting. Sometimes the "StayNear" is higher for some AI and others not. For example does the Green T-Rex has 10(OK) to 40(Max) distance from its anchor. The Raptor at the Trike has 20-50.

Cool, thanks for checking it out :) Yeah maybe the Rex was fine with munching on Raptors because the Trike was still very close by?

tatu wrote:
I think a big reason they used the anchors was to avoid the player being able to have too many AI in the small area, and therefore create a ton of lag as well as inactive AI :D

Sounds very likely :) Also the Rex stumbling around the harbor containers does not look very threatening :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:59 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Interesting. There do sometimes seem to be differences within parts of retail files we can't see, such as the distance Anne holds guns from herself (in that case, the same gun from a retail level will be head further away if imported into a fresh level).

"Well, as long as you're under there, you can check the breakers," Thorne said. ... "There's a box right behind the front bumper. Over on the left."
"I see it." [said Sarah]
"The box is in backward. Flip all the switches the other way. Are you dry?"
"No, Doc. I'm soaking wet, lying in the damn mud."

~Michael Crichton