How to set Trespasser to ActiveFM?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Zilla
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

How to set Trespasser to ActiveFM?

Post by Zilla »

Alright, I may be an idiot but I literally don't know how to run OG Trespasser with CE.

I follow the rules of the manual, which states to copy data from TresCD to Mods folder and this is where I stop and scratch my head.

It says that I should edit the Tres_Mods.ini file (as I recall) and set Trespasser to an ActiveFM.

Can someone explain to me how to set Trespasser to ActiveFM? When I open the ini file, I have ;ActiveFM=trespasser already along with the other levels but when I run the tresCE.exe it does not see the OG tres levels.

What does it mean to set it to active?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: How to set Trespasser to ActiveFM?

Post by tatu »

Inside the CE download is a file named "tp_mod.ini", which you place in the base directory (where you place the EXE file). Inside it you will find a line called "ActiveFM". Only one can be activated at the same time. Make sure FMPath under [Paths] is set to the mods folder.
For example:

Code: Select all

[Paths]
FMPath = Mods

[FM]
ActiveFM = Retail
Please be aware that ActiveFM points to a folder inside the Mods folder. So in this case Mods/Retail/LEVEL FILES HERE.

If you only want to play the retail game, you can just place them in your base folder/data folder and ignore the ActiveFM thing.

I also suggest using Mike's Mod Manger: https://github.com/miketheraptor/Trespa ... /releases/ making it easier to enable mods in an UI. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: How to set Trespasser to ActiveFM?

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hey Zilla! Nice to see another Kaiju fan. The problem with your file seems to be that you left ";" in the line of text. This means to ignore it. Delete it to make it used.