Pacifist Trespasser

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Trespasser2020
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Pacifist Trespasser

Post by Trespasser2020 »

Have you ever done a pacifist playthrough of Trespasser? And if so, did you manage to finish it without killing any dinosaurs?

I can proudly announce that I did just that. And if you don't believe me, I recorded it for proof :thief: :wink: :yes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNGGvsz ... 6XNhaIUYxG
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Pacifist Trespasser

Post by TheIdiot »

I have not done it without killing any dinosaurs, however I have done it using only melee weapons and having to kill every single carnivore I came across (excluding the T. Rexes), with no bunny-hopping allowed. This is what I refer to as the "Trespasser Challenge", the name of which came from some long-forgotten website or forum post by someone who's name I can't quite remember.
Gotta say, a pacifist run of Tres seems relatively easy considering nothing can actually outrun Anne. :P
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

I took a quick look and I really like how you seem to use the environment to get past dinosaurs instead of jumping away from them, I give that an big plus. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TheIdiot wrote:... the name of which came from some long-forgotten website or forum post by someone who's name I can't quite remember.
Story of my life...

Sounds fun. Though again, it is fairly routine to escape dinosaurs if you're not attempting to slay them (during which time your mobility is descreased and they might get you). I recommend the melee one, which I haven't risen to yet.
Trespasser2020
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Trespasser2020 »

tatu wrote:I took a quick look and I really like how you seem to use the environment to get past dinosaurs instead of jumping away from them, I give that an big plus. :)
Thank you :D It's quite exciting to skirt around things trying to get rid of the little devils.

Now I'm doing an exterminator run (killing every raptor possible) and I'm worried about the later levels where the yellow raptors often fall down hills and mountains or in (should I rather say under?) the sea becoming unkillable.

Anyone have some advice how to get around this problem?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmm, I can think of the basic one of keeping an eye as far ahead as possible, even waiting for dinos on higher levels to fall down to where you are if it's feasable.