What have I missed? What' the best mods to try at this time?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

xfreakazoidx
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

What have I missed? What' the best mods to try at this time?

Post by xfreakazoidx »

I used to have an account on here very long ago. Last thing I played on here I believe was the ATX mod for Trespasser. Thanks to the video I seen on Youtube (as posted on the homepage I see), I wanted to come back yet again and see whats changed.

Are there any newer overhaul mods since ATX? How about mods where people have created new maps? I don't even recall what to do anymore but I still have my CD with the game. I'll never stop loving Trespasser.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: What have I missed? What' the best mods to try at this t

Post by machf »

Welcome back!

Well, first of all, there's Trespasser CE, which is sort of the successor to ATX. As for maps... well, there have been several over the years since ATX and CE wer released.
Maybe the quickest way to find out is to watch the playthrough videos that have been released since then, or just check the list at the downloads section:

https://www.trescom.org/download-category/levels/

Not sure if everything's there... sometimes when someone released a level, it was at a time when the TresCom server was under maintenance and we couldn't mirror it locally, and may have forgotten to add it later. Hopefully we aren't missing any by now.

Have fun!
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: What have I missed? What' the best mods to try at this t

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome back, Freakazoid, to TresCom Park!...

What was your original name here? And, the latest upgrade, and successor to ATX, is called Trespasser CE, which was created by a member here by modifying the source code. It has rather nice updated graphics and the water has been given "refraction" ripple-effects. It also has a bit cleaner mod of organizing mods.

More recent mods to play... I suspect you've played TC Isle. It ends in a cave with a water exit. The sequel, TC Rescue, was finished and released by Rebel, which may interest you. I personally have made a couple dozen mods over recent years which might or might not interest. And then TI finally released his final, unfinished progress on Return to Jurassic Park, which is full of Isla Nublar nice-ness.

TresCom also has a Discord server now. Hope to see you around!