TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:43 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:24 am 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Trespasser Resurrection is a reimagining of the original game. Goals of development include fixing plot holes where possible through audio edits and through the designs of levels.

As it stands I have an almost completed beach level and a large portion of the Burroughs mapped. As anyone can imagine getting the feel just right can be difficult. Along with the addition of having to populate square miles of trees rocks and shrubbery is time consuming, especially when you have to tweak what doesn't look right.

The physics of the game are so close to where I want them. I am finding small bugs where object can be flung 100 yards across the map. Some guns are now available and functional. I have some basic animated dinosaurs but no AI as I haven't ventured to that realm yet.

As far as it goes the hardest part for me this far has been optimisation of the Burroughs level. I find that it runs slowly and becomes difficult to work on. This has to do with the communications centre. It is by far one of the most detailed models to date.

So it runs, the game isn't dead or abandoned as of about a month ago I started to continue on it. I was stressed trying to advance in the project and feeling like I was getting no where but I have started modelling terrain for jungle road.

Pine valley will be included.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:46 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Quote:
As far as it goes the hardest part for me this far has been optimisation of the Burroughs level. I find that it runs slowly and becomes difficult to work on. This has to do with the communications centre. It is by far one of the most detailed models to date.

Hmm, I did notice that the framerate looks a bit low in the preview videos (I know it's still early development, after all). Is it being made from scratch on a brand-new engine? I'm glad to hear you've got the physics working properly, I think that's a key element that a lot of fan remakes tend to miss out on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:52 am 
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

SAEH_93 wrote:
Trespasser Resurrection is a reimagining of the original game. Goals of development include fixing plot holes where possible through audio edits and through the designs of levels.
Nice to hear that the project is alive :) There's something visually pleasing about it and i like some of the changes you've made to the terrain, such as the bridge where we encounter our first raptor. In your version there's a ditch in that spot and it looks a lot more interesting that way.

SAEH_93 wrote:

I wonder what can be done to fix this issue

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:26 am 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

I released a demo of the first two levels on the steam workshop. If you have Half-Life:Alyx you can play through it.

If not I also did a no commentary playthrough of the levels. There is still a lot of work to be done with them but I'm happy with the progress so far. Started work on IJ now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:33 pm 
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

I wish i had a VR set so i could play through it myself. Great job so far :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:10 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Thanks, I'm really enjoying making it. I should hopefully have all the levels mapped out by june/july and then I can focus on improving the dinosaurs and gameplay. Definitely going to need some help with modelling and animations so if anyone knows anyone good at that stuff that might be interested in helping out, let me know.