TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:21 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:37 pm 
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to all Trespasser remakes in general. Not just a specific one. As we know there's been plenty of them in the past and at some point, they all die off and stop being talked about. So, let's show them some love! Feel free to update this thread with your thoughts and links to other remakes of this amazing game, regardless of their scope and state of completion. We could also discuss what went wrong and what to do differently to hopefully inspire future attempts at recreating Trespasser in modern game engines.

Let's start with the one that doesn't need an introduction.

Trespassing Petrolia

Quote:
Trespassing is a Remake / Re-Telling of the 1998 game Jurassic Park: Trespasser.
The project uses the latest version of CryEngine and is currently being developed by just one person.
The Mod has been in development since 2011 on a part time basis, with initial concepts drawn up in 2007.

https://trespassingpetrolia.wordpress.com

Despite the lack of activity in the recent years, this project is still not quite dead. The latest blog entry was posted on 03/03/2020 and it mentions a game called DayZ, suggesting that the project lives on in a different form and in a different game engine. There's a lengthy but very interesting thread for those who would like to know more about this project CLICK

Trespasser VR
CLICK

A very interesting project that as far as we know is no longer being worked on.

Trespasser Resurrection

The most recent project of the bunch and the one i know the least about. It features what looks to be almost fully designed Beach with voice over triggers in place.

This project is different from the rest in that it also brought us remade intro and boot animation

Sadly, it's also been abandoned
Quote:
This is a project I was working on I ended up stopping production as I lost the enjoyment of recreating this game.
The game started having lag issues in the editor making it really hard to work and really stressful to try and solve

MinePass
It's Trespasser but in Minecraft and the best part is, this project is still alive and kicking. What makes it unique is that it's trying to do something different from the rest. Instead of complex physics-based gameplay, MinePass is doubling down on approachable and familiar Minecraft experience, thus increasing the project's chances of eventually being completed
CLICK

NOT a remake by LoftySplines

It's not a remake but it's close enough! Very impressive in its own right. The author has put a lot of work into recreating a movie accurate version of the Worker Village and populated it with his own 3d assets. The Village level is a playable walking simulator that anyone can download and try

Currently the author is working on a new level
Quote:
I wanted a large open level. That was a toss-up between either one of the Ascent levels or the Pine Valley/Demo level.

CLICK

There's more to read and see on the blog
https://loftysplines.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:18 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

These are great! A nice topic to post.
I was especially struck by Trespasser Resurrection. Never heard of it, and its scope is very unexpected. I like how calm the ingame footage was.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:38 pm 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Really cool topic, nice to have it all in one place.

I think the main issue with any recreation so far in another engine is that people have done it alone. While I haven't cared that much about recreations in the past, the fact that people do it alone makes it a much bigger effort. It is a lot of work (heck, only making a mod is), and often people need to rely that one day someone with for example coding skills can join in to make everything work.

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:25 pm 
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

SilverKnight's Trespasser Remake: Source Engine
https://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9586
Quote:
Hello there folks, i have been a member here for many years, lurking and posting whenever i was taken back to the jurassic world and game we call trespasser. I decided a few weeks ago to do something with my modding abilities and that was to do a reimagined trespasser with narrative, i decided to start with the beach level. My aim is to recreate trespasser in source.

Every image link is dead but I found one in waybackmachine

Attachments:
beach_level10018.jpg
beach_level10018.jpg [ 322.14 KiB | Viewed 664 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:30 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Should this include the Trespasser remakes on the Trespasser engine?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:37 pm 
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

machf wrote:
Should this include the Trespasser remakes on the Trespasser engine?

Yes, definitely! Especially the ones that aim to recreate the game as it was originally envisioned and with its missing levels and features

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:10 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Yes, those are the ones I had in mind, particularly since we just got one the other day...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:29 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Well, there was Trespasser Reloaded, back from the mid to late 2000s. It has it's own subforum here. The map is somewhere, might dig it out later. But its mode of recreation included a basis in covering the entire island, including the "lowlands" area inside the east terrain of BE to let the player go straight into IT.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:59 am 
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

There was R.A.R.O. But personally I think he lacked the commitment to ever finish, or even start...
https://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11531

Last edited by Isolt on Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:28 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Quote:
There was R.A.R.O. But personally I think he lacked the commitment to ever finish, or even start...

Wasn't that an April Fools' Joke? :wink:

And Isolt, your link is slightly messed-up and directs us to a post from 2002.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:50 pm 
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Quote:
And Isolt, your link is slightly messed-up and directs us to a post from 2002.

Fixed now, I can't fix the fact t was an April fools joke though sadly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:49 am 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

I've been steadily working my way through the Beach level as a remake in Half Life: Alyx. Made quite a bit of progress this month with the mapping, animations and textures. It is all a work in progress so the majority of it looks rough.
Feedback is welcome :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:29 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

I love it! That raptor AI you have is the most any Tres port has come for AI, if I'm not mistaken. JPL raptors found their way into an IJ port at one point but those did not look even slightly as the Trespasser raptors, to me. I like the night-time choice; lets the game proceed from their into the various day stages. I once set a BE remake (in Tres) at dawn-time. JR in dawn sounds fun.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:30 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

If people are willing to contribute to Trespasser Resurrection it would be great.

Does anyone have any questions about it ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:27 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Does anyone remember that Trespasser .bat file game? I seem to recall downloading it somewhere around here in the past...I guess that could be considered a remake, in a way. :wink:

SAEH_93 wrote:
If people are willing to contribute to Trespasser Resurrection it would be great.

Does anyone have any questions about it ?

First, welcome to the forum! :)
I'm curious as to what the concept and scope of Tres: Resurrection is. Is it going for a reimagining of the original? Or is it a more original story?