Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Internet Trespassing

Post by Draconisaurus »

Great question. No idea... I guess she can fill the roll of all general female explorers. I do appreciate that her game's reboot phase took the effort to make a less sexual version of her character. Years and years of that can get a little hmm tiring.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:The latest image you posted is an edit of Lara Croft, if that isn't clear enough. I wonder just how many people have used Lara as a representation of Anne due to how similar their general appearances are.
I'd say it is mainly because of this:
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
And if I recall, a dev in an interview somewhere said Laura was an inspiration or something? (It still annoys me that we have never been able to recover any Trespasser sketches (except for a big version of the T-Rex head by Rolf Mohr)).
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

tatu wrote:And if I recall, a dev in an interview somewhere said Laura was an inspiration or something? (It still annoys me that we have never been able to recover any Trespasser sketches (except for a big version of the T-Rex head by Rolf Mohr)).
Actually, they sounded a bit bummed with the release of Tomb Raider. This is from the team site interview with Seamus Blackley:

"We wanted to have a character that was like a real person, so we thought we would have a woman. Actually, we decided on that right before Tomb Raider was released. We were like, “Damn! A female lead character!” because that was extraordinary back then. But she is from New York, is a regular person, and decides to go on vacation in Costa Rica. For whatever reason, she takes an aerial tour, but there is a problem with the plane, and it goes down in the ocean. She washes up on this island, Site B from the film, and has nothing except her clothes. The idea is to get off the island without getting killed."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Never heard that quote before, Hilwo. Funny that they considered a female lead character to be a big event around the same time that a ton of female-lead games came out...Tomb Raider, Dino Crisis, Perfect Dark to name a few.

Not sure whether anyone remembers, but a long while back I did a recreation of the Anne concept art. Looking back at it now I can't help but feel like I've really progressed artistically since I drew that - her face is a bit messy.
Click on Image
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmm TI, consider sketching Tres scenes, and showing us here at TresCom? It's possible to add to the ongoing creative aspect of TresCom's forums without necessarily opening TresEd.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Here is another bit of Internet Trespasser art. This DeviantArtist was it seems a fan of the game when he was really young, though never found his way to here... It still really bugs me that devout fans of the game sometimes never make any posts here. I feel like it's a heart with holes in it. We here who still talk to each other, I feel go about our activities here as if we are a very few lone survivors of a once-great fanbase. Yet there ARE still fans who remember this game and do things about it.
Galhaad has created a drawing for a theoretical modern Trespasser II, where the game is set in an open-world with survival priorities, crafting, etc. I do wonder what game(s) inspired the interface, it looks nice...

https://www.deviantart.com/galhaad/art/ ... -316114526
Click on Image
tatu

Post by tatu »

Oh nice.

May I ask... As a TresCom staff. Would you happen to take on the work and when you find stuff like this, ask their permission if we could host these at TresCom? It would be great to expand the fan art section on the site. (Note to self: Include these in the next news post).

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I find that not a bad idea, Tatu. That might work well...
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I quite feel the presence of the Trespasser Raptor tribes in the image, that is pretty nice.
Double_G
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Double_G »

here's my take on the Industrial Jungle level. i made it a while ago as a concept for my personal project re-imagining of Trespasser

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Wow..... Industrial Swamp Pine Lake... ISPL? ISPL2? (for IJ2...) This is great!!! If you've any desire for TresEd, this may be quite plausible.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Definitely going to keep your pine lake concept in the back of my mind, Double_G. Really nice work here, I can totally picture this in-game.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

That's what happened to Industrial Forest after all the snow melted...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Whatttttttttt machf that is freaking hilarious.