Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Trespasser IRL

Post by Draconisaurus »

Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Thought I'd start the topic for this now... For my toy movie based on TLW novel this Summer, I will be hopefully creating a number of physical sets out of cardboard and such, including the entrance to the laboratory from the book. In reading the description of that entrance in the book, you realize it is almost the spitting image of the Ops Center from the movie. So, I'll be making that, most likely. Stay tuned.

But also, I found a guy on Instagram who has already done this. I messaged him and apparently he based his model on the Trespasser version. Coolness.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9nl9BdFJpk ... _copy_link
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: Trespasser IRL

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Wow, that's a really good quality image of the novel island's map. Very interested in your JP movie Drac. You know, I've always wanted to make a mod based on the novel version Isla Sorna...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thanks TresGuy. I, too, wish to make a mod set on novel-Sorna, sometime before TresCom fades to dust. Not really sure on details yet, possibly some sort of Survive the High Hide Raptor Attack or something.

Ah anyway - I'd forgotten that I posted this thread. But I might as well take the opportunity to type out the book's description of that building, so you all can read exactly how well it describes the Ops Center:
Interior

Two large swinging glass doors at the front of the main building led into a darkened lobby beyond. The glass was scratched and dirty, the chrome door-handles pitted with corrosion. But it was clear that the dust, debris, and dead leaves in front of the doorway had been disturbed in twin arcs.
"Somebody's opened these doors recently," Eddie said.
"Yes," Thorne said. "Somebody wearing Asolo boots." He opened the door. "Shall we?"
They stepped into the building. Inside, the air was hot and still and fetid. The lobby was small and unimpressive. A reception counter directly ahead was once covered with gray fabric, now overgrown with a dark, lichen-like growth. On the wall behind was a row of chrome letters that said "We Make The Future," but the words were obscured by a tangle of vines. Mushrooms and fungi sprouted from the carpet. Over to the right, they saw a waiting area, with a coffee table, and two long couches.
One of the couches was speckled with crusty brown mold; the other had been covered with a plastic tarp. Next to this couch was what was left of Levine's green backpack, with several deep tears in the fabric. On the coffee table were two plastic Evian bottles, a satellite phone, a pair of muddy hiking shorts, and several crumpled candy-bar wrappers. A bright-green snake slithered quickly away as they approached.
"So this is an InGen building?" Thorne said, looking at the wall sign.
"Absolutely," Malcolm said.
Eddie bent over Levine's backpack, ran his fingers along the tears in the fabric. As they did so, a large rat jumped out from the pack.
"Jesus!"
The rat scurried away, squeaking. Eddie looked cautiously inside the pack. "I don't think anybody's going to want the rest of these candy bars," he said. He turned to the pile of clothes. "You getting a reading from this?" Some of the expedition clothes had micro-sensors sewn into them.
"No," Thorne said, moving his hand monitor. "I have a reading, but . . . it seems to be coming from there."
"He pointed to a set of metal doors beyond the reception desk, leading into the building beyond. The doors had once been bolted shut and locked with rusted padlocks. But the padlocks now lay on the floor, broken open.
"Let's go get him," Eddie said, heading for the doors. "What kind of snake do you think that was?"
"I don't know."
"Was it poisonous?"
"I don't know."
"The doors opened with a loud creak. The three men found themselves in a blank corridor, with broken windows along one wall, and dried leaves and debris on the floor. The walls were dirty and darkly stained in several places with what looked like blood. They saw several doors opening off the corridor. None appeared to be locked.
Plants were growing up through rips in the carpeted floor. Near the windows, where it was light, vines grew thickly over the cracked walls. More vines hung down from the ceiling. Thorne and the others headed down the hallway. There was no sound except for their feet crunching on the dried leaves.
Click on Image
Click on Image
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I'm eager to see how your buildings turn out, and how you design them overall. Are you going to do totally original designs?

Haven't read the Lost World novel for a long time, but I have to say that does sound almost exactly like the front part of the Ops Center as seen in the movie. Interesting that they went with such a similar design, while it seems everything described in JP's novel is quite different from the movie, aside from the Visitor Center rotunda.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I know right. Anyway my physical Ops Center should be a mix of Tres and the film, in appearance... There is ah, a chance I will use photoshop instead, and place the figures in the actual Tres Ops Center, or hppav's version. One thing I figured out, is that I need a physical prop of the interior of the trailer, separate from the toy. Tons of scenes are sensitively dependent on the things inside, which the toy does not have. That should be fun. Anyway I hope all props I make for the movie will be Jurassic-feeling AND accurate to the book.