Tres CE with both TELE and DINOS cheats?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Tres CE with both TELE and DINOS cheats?

Post by Hilwo »

Is it possible in Tres CE to have both the TELE and DINOS cheats available? Thinking of making a
new savegame, and I'd need both codes to do what I want. I know there's ways to fly and then
teleport to where you are, but I'd really prefer the tele cheat. Thanks in advance!
RavingRaptor
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Re: Tres CE with both TELE and DINOS cheats?

Post by RavingRaptor »

I haven't tested DINOS cheat but the following tele cheats works in CE.
You must add a line to Trespasser.ini though.

FLY 1
FLY -1
TNEXT
TELE 1, 1, 1

Just change the 1's for whatever you want/need.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Thanks, but neither TELE nor FLY seem to work for me. Only DINOS.
RavingRaptor
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by RavingRaptor »

That seems strange, capital letters aren't really necessary but it is important to not forget the spaces between the entries.

I won't have access to my computer for a couple of hours to test.

And I guess you have added the following lines to trespasser.ini
[Debug]
LogDevInfo=1
Don't think it matters but you could try a higher value like 4 instead of 1.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

I don't think spaces between x/y/z were neccessary, just commas. But I tried both with and without.
WAY back in the day, people would either have an exe that worked with dinos, or tele - never both (I think).
So that's why I was wondering if it was possible now, with CE. I'm not familiar with setting it up, though.
What is that line you mentioned for?
RavingRaptor
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by RavingRaptor »

Since some time ago it was added as a necessary input into CE's ini to allow for full developer mode, which is required for some cheats to work.

This is what i recall at least, just make a copy of your ini and then add those lines and test. It won't hurt anything.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

The CE readme does actually specify you need to enable full developer mode for the "tele" and "invul" cheat. No idea why but I do remember the "tele" cheat work in the past on vanilla and ATX, but it was very unstable if it worked or not. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Thanks guys! Yes, it turns out that the dev line is what I needed to make it work. Though I learned
from tatu that CE savegames are not compatible with vanilla or ATX Trespasser. So I guess I'll make
it with ATX instead, as I just tested it and both dinos and tele work. Thanks again!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh when you said "TELE" at first I think you were misspelling "TNEXT", which is the cheat that brings you to CTeleport spots around the map, pre-defined teleport destinations. I prefer that to "TELE"... I mean, if you're going to put in a bunch of coordinates, you might as well just fly. But I prefer hopping around with TNEXT; my custom maps almost always have a system of CTeleport objects in place, as of course do the retail levels.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Huh when you said "TELE" at first I think you were misspelling "TNEXT", which is the cheat that brings you to CTeleport spots around the map, pre-defined teleport destinations. I prefer that to "TELE"... I mean, if you're going to put in a bunch of coordinates, you might as well just fly. But I prefer hopping around with TNEXT; my custom maps almost always have a system of CTeleport objects in place, as of course do the retail levels.
In my experience the "TNEXT" cheat can be "unstable". In some levels it randomly kills you when you get teleported, at least with some retail levels.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Yeah, tele is a lot more dependable - if you enter the coordinates correctly :D
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I think there are 2 TNEXT locations in retail which put you under the terrain and do a variable amount of damage.. Easily worth the risk, I think, and IIRC if you retype TNEXT quickly enough and go to the next spot, you easily survive.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Draconisaurus wrote:I think there are 2 TNEXT locations in retail which put you under the terrain and do a variable amount of damage.. Easily worth the risk, I think, and IIRC if you retype TNEXT quickly enough and go to the next spot, you easily survive.
If I was working on a Lab (for example) savegame, TNEXT would be very helpful indeed. It's just unfortunate
that (unless there's more) those 2 TNEXT locations you mention are both in the Town level. On top of that,
some of its TNEXT locations just aren't very useful - like the one on top of the church/town hall :P
In any case, it's probably also preference. That, as well as wanting to get some stuff from the basement.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heh cool. What do you teleport into the basement to pick up objects and then bring them with you back into the main map?? XD
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Draconisaurus wrote:Heh cool. What do you teleport into the basement to pick up objects and then bring them with you back into the main map?? XD
Sort of, I'll show you when I'm done :)