TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:51 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:15 pm 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

machf wrote:
Thank you. The way Mega handles downloads by storing them in the browser's cache conflicts with my cache settings...

Yeah. All because every download is encrypted (which is of course good). My main dislike is their download caps, 3GB/day or so unless you pay.

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:28 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

That door looks great! It's mind-boggling. Tatu, I don't have the mystery-models ATM but maybe post some of those textures for us to compare with upscaled ones?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:39 am 

The Mystery Models textures are not less blurry, they just have less "colour issues" as they are still in 24-bit and not 256 colours.

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:46 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Yeah. Well, I'm thinking using those as a starting place would be superior when going to up-scale.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:31 am 
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Draconisaurus wrote:
That door looks great! It's mind-boggling. Tatu, I don't have the mystery-models ATM but maybe post some of those textures for us to compare with upscaled ones?

I actually used all the mystery model textures I could match up. They're much better in terms of colour banding with gentle transitions, not really as noticeable on most textures though.
I haven't shown any comparisons of these before because they're not an honest representation of the upscaler as they use different source material.
Beware El Nino

8bit texture/upscaled/24bit texture

Attachments:
SBungWallS06t2.jpg
SBungWallS06t2.jpg [ 213.85 KiB | Viewed 8435 times ]
Scontrailerdoort2.jpg
Scontrailerdoort2.jpg [ 77.17 KiB | Viewed 8435 times ]
P45right01t2.jpg
P45right01t2.jpg [ 181.04 KiB | Viewed 8435 times ]
PStallCntrPnllt2.jpg
PStallCntrPnllt2.jpg [ 183.09 KiB | Viewed 8435 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:51 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

I feel seriously that you must have opened a dimensional portal to somewhere with higher res versions of the original textures made by the devs themselves...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:30 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Yeah, I agree with Draco, these textures are beautiful. Much better than my re-done textures for the most part...I might have to use some of these for my own levels!

The only thing that seems to need manual fixing is text - the lettering on the Colt M1911 in particular is kind of off.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:27 am 
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

TheIdiot wrote:
Yeah, I agree with Draco, these textures are beautiful. Much better than my re-done textures for the most part...I might have to use some of these for my own levels!

The only thing that seems to need manual fixing is text - the lettering on the Colt M1911 in particular is kind of off.

Yeah networks suck at text and faces, oh god the faces... We'll more accurately people excel at text and faces.

Draco for a good time with the temporal portal just call 970-7124273
Attachment:
PStallDoorsBck01t2.png
PStallDoorsBck01t2.png [ 465 KiB | Viewed 5871 times ]

Last edited by Isolt on Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:37 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Theeee temporal portal... Uh sure xP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:12 pm 
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

I wonder where that phone number goes? It would be unreadable in the original game, but someone put it in there...

TheIdiot wrote:

I did manually fix the text in some of the more prominent textures. There's a lot more text to fix though, and with things like handwritten text it would be a lot more work.