Your Trespasser story (Trespasser 20th anniversary)

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Re: Your Trespasser story (Trespasser 20th anniversary)

Post by Mof1234567890 »

Draconisaurus wrote:Hehe, well there is a secret alternate route near the start, and - the missing-hunter voiceovers go to the AS1-AS2 area of Tres, so. IIRC my release of HC includes triggers for voiceovers only found in the beta Stream.tpa file, for posterity's sake.
I already found this secret route :yum:
And what about missing-hunter voiceovers? I never found them, where are they? Not in the camp itself, that’s for sure.
And what is IIRC? Sorry if I ask too much stupid questions :no:
I believe I've spent enough time in the company of death
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Mof1234567890 wrote:And what is IIRC? Sorry if I ask too much stupid questions :no:
IIRC - If I Remember Correctly.

Not a dumb question :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Colo118
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Colo118 »

I always been interested in playing this game. I remember video compilations of all the jank that happens in the game. Now one of the most harsh reviewer on Youtube GGGManlives just released a review of the game and to my surprise he thought it was a decent game.

Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWUKuGIj1jk

So i finally decided to give this game a chance and damn i was pleasantly surprised.I just finished it today, it not a perfect game but damn i had so much fun exploring, hearing hammond narration and being scared of the tense raptor and t-rex encounters.

Back to the topic, here my little story of Trespasser.

I was equipped with a shotgun and i was wandering in the wilderness when suddenly i hear a raptor roar from behind. As i turn around to aim at the raptor, i managed to kill it with the shotgun .... by hitting the shotgun on it face :D :D :D .

And that the story of my very first kill of Trespasser. 8)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Noice! Haha

Welcome, to Risen Kingdom 8)
wbhaese
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by wbhaese »

When I played the first time the demo, I was maybe 13-16 years old. My computer teacher gave to me a CD with many Demos, together was Trespasser. In that time I already was fan of Jurassic Park. I remember how I felt. For me was the best game :) - I've spent so much time looking in every place of the level, to found a way to not finish the demo.
In that time, internet was very slowly and I did not know how to download the game. Then I found the trescom. There I've spent so much time looking the pictures and dreaming when I would play the game.
Few months later, some guys opened a lanhouse on my city (I was living in countryside of Brazil). They charged 10 reais (Reais are the money of Brazil, in that time was like five dolars) to download the game. But the internet was so slowly and cost 2 or 3 weeks to download! Was only 700MB! Today I download the same in 1 minute!
I went every day there to ask if the download was over. Finally they were annoyed and gave priority to me :). In they curiosity, they intalled the game to now why I wanted so much the game. Then I start to play. I Remember all, the first Puzzle, meeting the great dinossaurs, visiting the town, Hamond's house, all. I need to confess, I used cheats (tnext and dinos) to get through the Town and the lab levels. Please forgive me :). Then, was a saturday when I finished the game. I remember the exacly moment when I was climbing the steps next to finish. Then I told to my mom: "I finished the game!". I fill so good when remember this moments. I know every problem the trespasser has, but for me is a amazing game.
Haese
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Welcome aboard :) Thanks so much for sharing your story, that was an awesome read 8)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sounds like it hit the spot for you.
Nice timeline you have with the game-experience. Would be great to see you stick around.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Oh nice, glad you posted it :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
wbhaese
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by wbhaese »

Hilwo wrote:Welcome aboard :) Thanks so much for sharing your story, that was an awesome read 8)
Thank you. I like to see how the community are strong and united.
Haese
wbhaese
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by wbhaese »

Hello Draconissaurus! I'm your fan! :D Finally I'm talking with some people from the Forum!
Draconisaurus wrote:Sounds like it hit the spot for you.
That's true. I don't now exacly why, but I have so much good memories with Trespasser, especially with the mods you and other people have created. Thank you.
Nice timeline you have with the game-experience. Would be great to see you stick around.
Don't hurry, certainly I'll stay next e posting some news. I'm talking with Tatu. He's a good friend. I did my first contact with him many years ago. The time has passed And now I found him again. :mrgreen:

I have a question: There are more Brazilians here too? Just me? :cry:
Haese
Double_G
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Double_G »

When I was around 10 years old I saw a preview of Trespasser in a gaming magazine. I didn't know much about video games back then because I just got my first computer but I remember that the screenshots looked so real that they might as well have been photos. I was literally flabbergasted :) After some time I managed to put my hands on Trespasser Demo and it was all I ever wanted from a game. It inspired me to create some basic fan art and it had a great impact on what I find visually pleasing. Till this day whenever I see a rusty piece of fence or a rundown and overgrown building, I think of Trespasser. For the past 10 years I've been obsessed with the thought of remaking this game. Not because I feel that I need to improve on the original experience but because I want it to be a homage and my way of saying thank you for creating such a unique game that has influenced me in so many ways :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well said! I as well see Trespasser in run-down buildings and concrete with metal all around where I go. Tree roots pushing up the asphalt...
vegaspsycho
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by vegaspsycho »

I love reading about others intro to Trespasser. Here's mine.

I was probably about 10-12 years old and was a huge Jurassic Park fan and wanted to be a paleontologist for my entire childhood after seeing Jurassic Park. I was at Target with my mom and she said I could get one computer game, $20 max, and I was trying to decide between two racing games, each about $5-10 when the Trespasser box art caught my eye and it was hidden behind all the other games nobody wanted and the box was crushed a bit. But I opened the box flap and knew I had to have the game and I think it was only $5. I asked my mom if I could get all three and she was happy that I got three less expensive games instead on only one for the same price.
Of course I installed it immediately when I got home but was sadly never able to get it to run well enough to play (even on lowest settings) on our family computer. But a few months later when the family finally upgraded our computer it was able to run it on low and medium settings. And the gasp from my mom when she saw the boobs when I looked down was priceless and my sister still remembers laughing while I'm having to explain to my mom that I have to look at them to see my health. haha
I don't think I ever really playing the game fully from start to finish when I was younger (but did many years later) because we were lucky to have the internet and was able to look up the cheats for it (thanks cheatcc.com) and had a sticky note that said "turn on cheats!" on the disk case. So I always played it with unlimited ammo and frozen dinos; and there were so many puzzles that I never figured out (like the big dipper, I don't remember even seeing that picture in the house.) I feel like playing Trespasser at such a young age made me disappointed in so many video games after I knew what was possible for a video game to do. And the sound of Anne saying "Hupp" as she jumps is burned into my brain.
Things Trespasser has inspired me to do:
I've complied pretty much all the info and interviews on Trespasser I could find and organized it in a google doc (which is up to 67 pages now) and might give a link on this forum sometime for others to help fact check so I could make a super detailed video play through/documentary (but am kinda afraid someone would just take all the info I collected and worked on and do their own videos.)
I've been writing a script that follows the trespasser story line to maybe be made into a movie or short series.
I'd like to make a working replica of the Lindstrat rifle, but the real gun stock it was made from is expensive, so would be cheaper to custom make one that looks more the the stock from the game vs the movie (and I would like to put a PCP, pre-charged pneumatic, inside it so it would actually shoot)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nice story there! For my part, I didn't hear about Trespasser until 2004 when TC Isle came out. It was posted about on JPToys.com forums, which led me here.
Isolt
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Isolt »

I borrowed this game off my friend probably in 1999 or 2000. He didn’t seem too interested in it but the cover looked amazing, and it was Jurassic Park!
My parents had only recently got our first PC and my only FPS gaming experience at the time was Doom 2. When the first level loaded it blew my mind! Open environments, physics and an actual arm to interact with the world.
I didn’t follow any gaming news, and I didn’t really have any gaming experience to critique it with. From my point of view it was perfection. Computers were new and exciting, this dinosaur game was amazing! For all those reasons it’s held a special place in my heart.
I sometimes wonder how I’d receive a similar game today. Would I see past the flaws and compromises, or would I just dismiss it?