Jurassic Time: Gold Audio Edition and Excavated Book Edition

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: Jurassic Time: Annotated and Excavated

Post by scallenger »

Haha probably! What's funny is, I totally have a memory of actually getting this image from JPL, not from here! So it seems like it did spread around! Unless you at one point posted it there yourself.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Post by hppav »

Nah I didn't post it there. It was probably just another JP fan who posted it there because he found it on my DeviantArt page. I know I've randomly seen it on Jurassic Park fan pages often and gone "Man, people really like that gif, too bad it's not accurate enough for me..." :lol:
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

And... its released!!!

Hope you guys enjoy! Updated the main post in this thread. Here you go!

http://jurassictime.trescom.org/
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Sounds nice, too bad though the first track sounds like it has a whole lot of clipping. :|
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Did anyone else think so?
tatu

Post by tatu »

awesome24712 wrote:Sounds nice, too bad though the first track sounds like it has a whole lot of clipping. :|
There is no clipping on the first track. Works fine on Soundcloud, YouTube and in Windows Media Player.

How does it "sounds like it has a whole lot of clipping"? Either something has clipping or not...
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

I guess it could just be my audio setup, disappointing... I've never had a problem like that before. I just hear a lot of crackling with the Piano and some of the wind. The other tracks are fine though.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Just a bit of an update:

I have decided to get rid of the "Excavated" audio version. This version featured IDENTICAL John Hammond tracks that were also in the "Annotated" version. Some people were confused that "Excavated" actually offered alternate versions in the audio or something else new. All it was ever supposed to be was a simple way to download ONLY the John Hammond tracks without the "Annotated" Thomas Hammond ones. However, this doesn't seem to be as desired at this point anyway, and since the "Annotated" version is my preferred version overall, there was really no need for the "Excavated" audio outside of convenience for people. If you still, for whatever reason, only want John's tracks, the tracklist for the "Annotated" version does point out exactly which tracks were added, and you can just remove those and re-tag however you like.

Sorry for any confusion that THIS post may cause, haha! But I think this decision will benefit everyone from this point on. At the same time, now the "Excavated" version is solely focused on the 80-page PDF book, which all of you should definitely seek out! It includes TONS of photographs from Isla Sorna, and even some from Nublar! ;)

Description in the main post updated, again, to reflect this.
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Fans of the soundtrack to the new "Annotated" tracks can now not only download the soundtrack but listen to it streamed via SoundCloud just like the memoir itself. All the music you'll hear is original music by me, most of it performed and arranged by Bernard Kyer.

https://soundcloud.com/jurassic-time/se ... soundtrack
Dr. Grant
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Dr. Grant »

scallenger wrote:Did anyone else think so?
I believe this topic deserves more attention, more activity and discussion.
I've downloaded both Excavated and Annotated versions the weekend they were released, but only heard Excavated so far (since Excavated is not available anymore and was online for such a short period of time, I like to think and say that I have a rare copy of the Excavated version... lol). I want to share my thoughts on the releases; in order to do it properly I must hear Annotated first and Excavated again, but that I can tell already: I experienced the same as tatu, and not only on the first track, if I recall it right. Effects on some Hammond's lines doesn't sound right. I heard it on a tablet, through earphones, but I don't believe the problem was the device, or the program reading the audio files. If proven that the problem is on the files, is there any chance of fixing them?
Tour Vehicle! XD

Image Image

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Whew, well I've been putting this off for some time, glad to have finally listened to this. Great job Scall! Other than the music being a little loud at some points, these were perfect, and I quite appreciate being able to listen to Hammond's voice tell the story of Isla Sorna in a narrative environment, with music and sfx and all. Also thank you for the Excavated PDF! I had not actually finished reading the original version, so this was a nice way to read the whole thing beginning to end. :D Love the photos - I noticed someone found a way to include East Dock, multiple times... 8)
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Thanks, Draco! :) I remember you always enjoying the previous versions, and I would like to think this final one trumps them all. What did you think of the new tracks with Thomas Hammond? And the two new bonus tracks? I am glad you also had a look at the Excavated PDF book. That thing took quite some time to work on and I feel like not many people even got to take a look at it, haha. And yes, I was able to include some bits of East Dock (if a bit modified). ;) Also even a couple shots from that TellTale JP game and even two shots from the Trespasser Remake that is happening here. ;)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thomas Hammond was a nice addition. I enjoyed it. It was when I read the PDF afterward that I realized some of the stuff he said was really from there; not all of it had seemed entirely Hammondish to me but apparently I was quite wrong. The bonus tracks were nice and quite unexpected; I was impressed you managed to get the music in somehow while only including Hammond's voice! :| Thank you for this final contribution to Trespasser; too bad you don't have plans for any new levels or anything. :P
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Here may be the true final contribution to Jurassic Time. An exclusive interview with none other than Austin Grossman, the writer of Trespasser. Nothing can top this now! :D

http://www.trescom.org/2014/09/06/austi ... interview/

Also, a while back I also added a page in memory of Richard Attenborough, who sadly passed away last month.

http://jurassictime.trescom.org/attenborough.html

Hope you guys enjoy the interview!
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Well I spoke too soon about the Austin Grossman interview being the final contribution! Canned Air Podcast interviewed ME about Jurassic Time! Find out the details here!