Jurassic Time: Gold Audio Edition and Excavated Book Edition

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: Jurassic Time: Annotated and Excavated

Post by scallenger »

Here is a musical track, "Future Without Past", which will be a prominent theme featured in Jurassic Time: Annotated. It is an original composition of a theme composed by me, and co-composed and performed by Bernard Kyer. Enjoy.
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Thomas Hammond has been going through the tapes of his father's memoir... what will he find?
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

scallenger wrote:Here is a musical track, "Future Without Past", which will be a prominent theme featured in Jurassic Time: Annotated. It is an original composition of a theme composed by me, and co-composed and performed by Bernard Kyer. Enjoy.
Very nice, reminds me of the music in the movie Neverwas :) You should check it out some time, if you haven't already.
scallenger wrote:Thomas Hammond has been going through the tapes of his father's memoir... what will he find?
I like the way you think!
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon
Antispam: No

Post by awesome24712 »

Being honest, I really don't like Jurassic Time very much. For a Jurassic Park fan it is awesome, but when I've already played the game and heard all of the voiceover, Jurassic Time feels less like a story and more like a little editing project. In the end I feel like I might as well play Trespasser in the first place.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

The idea of Jurassic Time is to give the experience of hearing the narrative of John Hammond without having to play Trespasser to get it, combining it with Bill Brown's awesome score and presenting the dialogue as a straightforward story, allowing the listener to visualize the story in their minds. To give depth to the character of Hammond and let the listener feel the emotions of the situations Hammond finds himself in during his life.

The thing that makes the narrative so awesome is that it gives you an idea of what it was like to actually work and live on these islands. The movies didn't really give you the chance to feel that as the first one the emphasis is on the people inspecting the park and the other two don't spend enough time in the abandoned structures of Site B. John Hammond's story in Trespasser fills in a gap of what is missing in the main series. And that alone is enough to warrant it being presented on its own.

I personally wish we had more stuff about the lives of people on Sorna and Nublar. I find that whole aspect of the franchise fascinating, even if it's barely touched upon outside of Trespasser.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Well, to each their own, I suppose. :) Nothing is universally appealing, so I never expected Jurassic Time to be either. I honestly made it to be something one could enjoy apart from the game without having to ever play it for it to make sense. Hence why I reorganized the dialogue to make sense in it's order, like someone telling a story. I always thought it was the best thing to come out of the game, to be honest, and has always been my main draw to it (perhaps the music as well). Then again, what makes me different about most people here is that I'm not a gamer, haha. I'm just a big Jurassic Park fan. And with the way I've always had horrible luck with computers not running games very well, it was vital to me to still be able to enjoy this story apart from the game. Besides, most of the dialogue ended up not being implemented anyway! :D Jurassic Time uses 100% of the recorded dialogue, and soon, some of the unrecorded as well in the Annotated version coming soon.

Granted, it is an editing project, but it is made to be almost a keepsake. Something to "take home" from it and experience it on the computer, in the car, on the iPod, on Youtube, wherever. It's something I honestly made/am making for me. I just thought it'd be nice to share. :) And to make it as cool as possible, especially this last time out. It's just such a timeless story. And not because of me. That credit will always go to Austin Grossman's wonderful adaptation of the film and novel world of Jurassic Park and making something unique and personal, even emotional, out of it.

Speaking of last times... this really is the final thing I'm doing in terms of projects. Not just here, but anywhere. After this is all done, I'm going to be focusing on writing my actual novel I have wanted to do for years. Not Jurassic Park related at all. In fact, I am giving up my once-proposed Timeline PC Game site to fellow member Tatu, since I no longer wish to pursue it myself. I hope he has fun with it. :)
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Just so you all know (in case you don't visit the Facebook page), 6 of the John Hammond tracks of the main audio are now done. :) Only 5 left! Things appear to be coming along very nicely! :)
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Well everyone, all the tracks for Jurassic Time: Excavated are done! Woo hoo! However, it will not be fully released until Jurassic Time: Annotated is done. For that, I am waiting on the music I want to make for it to be done, which I have to wait on, but it will be SO worth it.

In the meantime... I present to you the NEW Track 03- Arriving At Isla Sorna! Enjoy! Post comments!
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Well, I tried listening to it, but for me it just seemed to lack a nice flow. I've never listened to Jurassic Time before, so maybe it's just me.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Well, as you have said before here, and on the main page comments, and here again, you aren't looking forward to this and you have no interest in Hammond or his story, so... there it is? ;)

It's fine you don't like it, though. Really.
Brachio
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by Brachio »

I like it! And I find it very enjoyable! And for what there is to use, you made a hell of a set
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

awesome24712 wrote:maybe it's just me.
Jup :wink:
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

awesome24712 wrote:Well, I tried listening to it, but for me it just seemed to lack a nice flow. I've never listened to Jurassic Time before, so maybe it's just me.
At least you gave it a try, eh? :yes: Everyone's entitled to their own opinions.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

The release date is... October. No specific day, but everything for it will be out sometime in that month.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Are we there yet?