TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:30 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:00 pm 
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

So I ordered another copy of Trespasser off of Amazon because I wanted one with the full box. I missed out on the guy selling brand new copies a couple of years back since I was broke at the time, but I still wanted it for my collection... So I ordered it for about $30 to make sure I got a copy that was in decent shape.

Well it came in the mail today and my first response was "This box is rather heavy... Especially since these old boxes were just one big cardstock/cardboard box with a little CD case on the inside..."

So I pull the priority mail container open and pull out the box.

Looks in decent enough shape for a 16 year old game box. Still has the EB games sticker on the corner... mostly. It lists two prices: $39.99 and $44.99.

And the cool thing about the original box is that you can open the front for this little panel:

So I open up the box and....

Wait... what's this?

The official Trespasser Strategy Guide?

The CD itself has no scratches, doesn't even look like it was used.

Sad thing is, I ordered the Strategy Guide early this morning and it's already shipped... Guess I get two copies for my collection, lol.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:34 pm 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

hppav wrote:
I missed out on the guy selling brand new copies a couple of years back

Maybe it was the dev who I was in contact with? Who had 8 copies still factory sealed!

hppav wrote:
And the cool thing about the original box is that you can open the front for this little panel:

Only available for the US release. The various ones in EU (I think), uses the regular you can't open.

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:57 am 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Nice!

In the back of my mind I keep thinking about picking up another copy or two.

I also want to snag another copy of the strategy guide to digitize it. That would be something good to have in a high-res PDF format I think.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:48 am 

Slugger wrote:
I also want to snag another copy of the strategy guide to digitize it. That would be something good to have in a high-res PDF format I think.

I already did that some years ago. Sadly I lost the files for it, but I did put it on a backup disc somewhere.

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:35 am 

I believe I have it if you want me to upload. :)

Read The UPDATED "Excavated" Book Edition!

Listen Or Watch The "Anniversary Edition!"

Austin Grossman EXCLUSIVE Interview

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:10 am 

Here it is:

http://www.trescom.org/hosted/scallenge ... _Guide.rar

Read The UPDATED "Excavated" Book Edition!

Listen Or Watch The "Anniversary Edition!"

Austin Grossman EXCLUSIVE Interview

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:32 am 

Great, thanks :D

I may add that I did destroy a complete new copy of a Tres Guide in order to scan it for best quality. :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:08 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Nice, Sam! That's a nifty thing to acquire unexpectedly. I would personally attempt to increase the personal value of the guide from the game box by finding some alternate purpose for the one you actually ordered, perhaps selling it here on TresCom (I don't need one btw lol, I had it once and I'm satisfied).

Ah Tatu, that's the one I sent you right? :mrgreen: And thanks Scall! *uploads to Tres File Box* Still love the higher-res version of the misty radio shack...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:34 am 

Draconisaurus wrote:
Ah Tatu, that's the one I sent you right? :mrgreen: And thanks Scall! *uploads to Tres File Box* Still love the higher-res version of the misty radio shack...

No, the one you sent was sent to Jani in Finland (a member here), that's what we agreed. The one I used was from the Dreamworks Interactive CEO by that time, and he sent it to me as a contribution to TresCom, so felt right to pick it all apart in order to do a high-scan of the guide :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:47 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Ahhh that is vaguely familiar, alright. Should have scanned mine - it was already a bit damaged (I recall a tear in the front cover).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:39 pm 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

scallenger wrote:

Dude...awesome! Thanks a lot! Good thing to have.

Anyone ever think of trying to match the screenshots? They used the beta96 build for the strategy guide, correct?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:20 pm 

Slugger wrote:
Anyone ever think of trying to match the screenshots? They used the beta96 build for the strategy guide, correct?

They used some version between Build 96 and Build 116d. IIRC, some skeletons found in AS are not found in b96.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:23 pm 
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Yeah, I did a research topic on the hunters using Retail/beta screenshots and the images from the strategy guide.
Topic should still exist, but sadly the image links are dead. Nice find, by the way!

Edit:
Hunters topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8910&p=100194