TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 6:40 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Hey uh..... I just noticed that all my fog, no matter the retail level I pick, is white, like pre-CE. Uhh?? I can't find an option that would fix this. Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 8:13 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

tpass-ce_v107e.zip

Released in 2018. Everything fixed? Just checking if that's the latest patch. Do I need to install 1.1 or I'm okay to install clean Trespasser 1.0 and then this patch.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 4:29 am 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

vorob wrote:
tpass-ce_v107e.zip

Released in 2018. Everything fixed? Just checking if that's the latest patch. Do I need to install 1.1 or I'm okay to install clean Trespasser 1.0 and then this patch.

It depends on what you mean with everything fixed. No, it doesn't fix all the physics bugs. It is mainly a feature/stability/modern OS patch.

You can use this on vanilla 1.0. :)

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:36 pm 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

I'm getting an 'unknown dx error during initialization' for guiap_ce (on windows 10). Does anyone know what the problem
is?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:11 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Most likely, the problem is Windows 10...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:29 pm 

Rebel wrote:
I'm getting an 'unknown dx error during initialization' for guiap_ce (on windows 10). Does anyone know what the problem
is?

Make sure you have the dx file from the main CE download. You can use the trespasser.ini file as well. :)

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:19 pm 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Quote:
Make sure you have the dx file from the main CE download. You can use the trespasser.ini file as well.

Yup, I realized after scratching my head a bit that was what the problem was. I'm not using ce anyways, I was just messin'
around with it trying to figure out why it never worked for me. What I working on works in atx, but doesn't work properly
in ce. Lee must have changed some of the code dealing with physics calculations or something -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:01 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Huh I might be interesting to hear what the difference is, for future reference. For example possibly improvements to graphics steal resources from physics calculations? Or something about the timing precision, though I doubt we might find an answer for that one...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:41 pm 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

The float variables (for movement), varied from the demo atx engine to the retail version of ce. I tweaked them using the atx engine,
but realized they were considerably off when testing the same setup in ce (like 2 or 3 degrees in difference). The same setup seemed
a match for the retail engine (in other words, the same as the atx demo engine), the outcome was just different in ce.

*If you're using ce exclusively, it wouldn't matter though, Drac. You would just set it up for ce.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:55 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Hmm. If HPDS is played in CE, does the mines-catapult in ~plains still work? Sounds worth testing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:30 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Draconisaurus wrote:
Hmm. If HPDS is played in CE, does the mines-catapult in ~plains still work? Sounds worth testing.

I seem to remember it working fine - I played through JPDS in CE back when CE was first released and the only things I remember missing were the map and HUD. I think the trebuchet contraption does have a chance to outright kill the player though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:01 pm 
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

I've been working on up-scaling all the textures in Trespasser for use with the CE patch's texture override function. They're now complete and can be downloaded below.
CE can't currently load ground texture overrides so I haven't done those.
The main drawback is that these also override fan level textured. That isn't an issue in it's self, but there are instances where level designers have significantly changed a texture but used it's original name. In those cases the custom texture is replaced with the retail up-scaled texture. I've moved clipboards and keycards to level specific folders to address the worst game breaking aspects of this. I still worry that a lot of artistic intent could be lost though, so use these with that in mind.

https://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11472
V2.2 https://www.trescom.org/download/nnhd-trespasser-textures-standard-version/#
V2.2 light https://www.trescom.org/download/nnhd-trespasser-textures-light-version/
Pine Valley V1.0 https://www.trescom.org/download/nnhd-trespasser-textures-pine-valley/

Original texture doubled with no interpolation vs upscale

Attachments:
tail.jpg
tail.jpg [ 97.88 KiB | Viewed 164 times ]

Last edited by Isolt on Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:20 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Despite potential issues, this seems a highly valuable contribution to Trespasser. Thanks!

Tatu, I find myself wondering on usefulness to your mod...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:44 am 

Draconisaurus wrote:
Tatu, I find myself wondering on usefulness to your mod...

If people wanna use it, they can go ahead ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:41 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

How much are textures found in the retail release? I imagine some are BMP names found only in older builds..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next