A new Trespasser patch/update (Trespasser CE)

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

DennisNedry
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Location: Over here hacking . . . I mean protecting your computer! :)

Re: A new Trespasser patch/update (Trespasser CE)

Post by DennisNedry »

One more question, because I am stumped. I am in the Jungle Road level trying to find the T-Rex tooth, a special hard to find melee weapon. In the strategy guide it says it should be near the barrels and stacks of monorail tracks, but I can't find it at all. Is this a bug?

Strategy Guide Text: "Stop at the pile of Monorail track pieces and barrels on your left. Walk through this debris and, if you look carefully, you will see a large Tyrannosaurus Rex tooth resting on the ground. Pick it up as a very good emergency weapon. Return to the path."

I have been searching high and low for this stupid tooth for at least 30 minutes now and I can't find it, any help would be most appreciated, thanks! :yes:
Hammond: Our lives are in your hands and you have butterfingers?
Nedry: AH AH AH you didn't say the magic word! SNICKERS!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well... they used an earlier version for the Strategy Guide, the tooth isn't present in the retail version anymore.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

DennisNedry wrote:I figured out what the problem was. There was a typo in the original .ini file, shown here:

I also noticed that when a ; is in front, Trespasser CE ignores settings. I found this out when I looked at the trespasser logs.

Was this intentional? If so should I leave the DirectX9 settings alone? Thanks! :o
Depends on your system. You can play with them, and see if they make an difference. But they can also make the game act weird, so try one at the time. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

tatu wrote:But they can also make the game act weird, so try one at the time. :)
But how will we know the difference? :P
DennisNedry
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Location: Over here hacking . . . I mean protecting your computer! :)

Post by DennisNedry »

machf wrote:Well... they used an earlier version for the Strategy Guide, the tooth isn't present in the retail version anymore.
So the strategy guide uses the beta version of trespasser? That is weird. Is there anything else that the strategy guide mentions that is not in the retail game?
Hammond: Our lives are in your hands and you have butterfingers?
Nedry: AH AH AH you didn't say the magic word! SNICKERS!
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

DennisNedry wrote:So the strategy guide uses the beta version of trespasser? That is weird. Is there anything else that the strategy guide mentions that is not in the retail game?
I believe there's more... in Ascent there's some voiceovers and/or remains regarding some of the missing hunters that are not found/used in retail, I think...
There's also the purple keycard in the lab level. I think the guide mentions it being on a counter in the lab on the first floor, while it's on the ground floor in retail.
They might also mention a keycard in a trash can in the guide, it's been a loooong time since I last saw the guide.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Hilwo wrote:
tatu wrote:But they can also make the game act weird, so try one at the time. :)
Play with it yourself :P
So the strategy guide uses the beta version of trespasser? That is weird. Is there anything else that the strategy guide mentions that is not in the retail game?
Yes, or rather, not the "beta" as we know it, but some beta between build 96 and retail version.

I believe the tooth is the most noticeable thing not in the retail.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I believe the tooth is the most noticeable thing not in the retail.
That and the Hidden Valley (or was the Hidden Valley excluded..?). The tooth IS, however, present in the beta version, right where it should be. Good thing we have BadRaptor's walkthrough though if the guide can't help you...that thing saved my life on the rock-jump puzzle in IJ.
Good question - the game ALWAYS acts weird. :D But the changes become preeeeety obvious when activated, especially the water refractions. And as long as you're not running Trespasser on an old shoe, most of these functions should work fine.
tedmg09130913
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by tedmg09130913 »

Has any change been made to trespasser ce to avoid the pausing of ambient sounds whenever a dinosaur vocalizes? This is very irritating in some levels. Aside from this issue trespasser ce works great!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

tedmg09130913 wrote:Has any change been made to trespasser ce to avoid the pausing of ambient sounds whenever a dinosaur vocalizes? This is very irritating in some levels. Aside from this issue trespasser ce works great!
Yep, the sound has been fixed in the latest version. :) Works great in all levels.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

DennisNedry wrote:I also noticed that when a ; is in front, Trespasser CE ignores settings. I found this out when I looked at the trespasser logs.

Was this intentional?
Yes, that is intentional. In programming, that's whats called a comment. In .INI files, the ; tells the program to ignore everything right of it until the end of the line.
It wasn't a typo, it's just disabled by default and you simply have to delete the ; to enable it.
satch4684
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by satch4684 »

I have never even played this game, so I have a couple quick questions...

do I just extract this mod to the game's directory and launch with the included exe file? this is what i did and it appears to work...unless I'm mistaken it seemed like the overall look of the game was improved...

Ok first I will say I understand about using either ATX or this so I am going with this much more recent mod. That leads to my next question, about using other TresCom downloads together with this mod....can I do this (things like that 1.1 patch, enhanced spitter) or is Trespasser CE meant to be played by itself? If you can or maybe even are suppose to be using other downloads with CE, can someone please recommend which ones I should be using to improve the game even further?
tatu

Post by tatu »

satch4684 wrote:I have never even played this game, so I have a couple quick questions...

do I just extract this mod to the game's directory and launch with the included exe file? this is what i did and it appears to work...unless I'm mistaken it seemed like the overall look of the game was improved...

Ok first I will say I understand about using either ATX or this so I am going with this much more recent mod. That leads to my next question, about using other TresCom downloads together with this mod....can I do this (things like that 1.1 patch, enhanced spitter) or is Trespasser CE meant to be played by itself? If you can or maybe even are suppose to be using other downloads with CE, can someone please recommend which ones I should be using to improve the game even further?
You did correctly. ATX is only needed for mods using it, and it should be stated in the Readme. CE doesn't need the 1.1 patch. Most maps should be playable with CE as long as you make a Harddrive installation.

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

satch4684 wrote:That leads to my next question, about using other TresCom downloads together with this mod....can I do this (things like that 1.1 patch, enhanced spitter) or is Trespasser CE meant to be played by itself?
Hmmm... I think the enhanced spitter requires ATX because it uses a new ActionType which I don't think has been implemented in CE.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
satch4684
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by satch4684 »

ok thanks for some much needed info.....well i just wanted all the best improvements i could get that are available, it seems like this game probably has a lot to gain from the community. Based on what I've gathered, buggy and broken somewhat but way ahead of its time and interesting.

anyway now I have played for a bit at this point with just CE installed, and its fairly enjoyable, definitely different. Though clearly not as good and more scripted, the dinosaurs almost have a JPOG feel in the AI, if they were on that level the game would be brilliant.