Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

FSCarver
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Boroughs size and measurements

Post by FSCarver »

Hello,

Recently I've been working on a couple of Jurassic Park themed projects in a game called Minecraft. It's basically Lego with monsters and survival elements.
So far I finished the raptor pen (due to the lack of raptors I filled it with chickens :lol: ) from JP and I integrated the underground tunnels from JP:The Game into my base.

With those done I want to move on to a bigger project. Namely Boroughs and the Worker Village from TLW.
Until now I've always guessed what the sizes should be, and that worked out great for small/medium sized projects like the afore mentioned.
From experience I can say that would be rather hard to do for a small town consisting of multiple buildings and other objects as there will always be something that's either too big or too small, to the point where I have to tear down half the things I've build and start from scratch.
This I am hoping to avoid now.

So my question is, is there any documentation or map regarding the size of Boroughs and/or the measurements of the buildings to help me out a bit? My own attempts have been fruitless so far and it would be greatly appreciated.

(Anything regarding the TLW worker village would be appreciated too, besides the fanmade overview map made in paint)
Blapeuh
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Re: Boroughs size and measurements

Post by Blapeuh »

There are actually a couple of threads on the board with discussions about the Town level.
They have some great screen grabs in them.
And if I am correct there is even some discussion and pictures in the massive thread by S13n1 (trespasser re-telling).

I am not sure if someone ever released a heightmap of isla sorna but know they exist.
You could probably load that in a heightmap editor to generate a Minecraft map of the island.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

It seems like he is talking about the one from the movie/book and not the one found ingame. Hppav is our expert on this. ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
FSCarver
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by FSCarver »

Actually I'm mainly talking about Boroughs from Trespasser. :wink:
The worker village from TLW is a project I want to start with after Boroughs. Sorry if there was any confusion about that.

So regarding Boroughs (Tres), I've been searching on the forum and the web for a while now and besides some great screenshots for reference material I haven't really found what I was hoping for so far.
Guess no one took it upon them to get the exact size of the buildings and their interiors as I was hoping for.

The idea of using a heightmap of the island and generating a Minecraft world with it would be a viable and great idea though.
I'll definitely have to look into that. I do know that S13nts has a complete heightmap of the island, so I'll probably contact him about it.

It would take some more time to get everything right, but I guess I can make it work and have a blocky version of Boroughs in a couple of weeks.
Might even try and recreate the whole island and add some dinosaurs in their corresponding locations. It doesn't looks like it has been done yet. :?
tatu

Post by tatu »

How about looking at the level in Tres?
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
FSCarver
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by FSCarver »

I will be using TredEd for a better view. Though I did changed my mind and decided that I have been overly complicating things by trying to keep the scale of the town the same as in Tres.
I dropped it in favour for some artistic freedom where needed.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Just making sure you know but, there is already a Jurassic Park Minecraft project that has gotten quite far - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hqOkIDAQqg
I would say TresEd is your best bet for accuracy in recreating Burroughs. Remember that 1 unit = 1 meter. You could try scaling a crate so that it's exactly 1 meter across, then move/copy it around to see how big things are.