Tres: Reloaded - SUM

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re: Tres: Reloaded - SUM

Post by Anna »

Second Illiteration wrote:I've just been thinking that the Summit raptors could be ANY color...because the food source they are after up there would be small birds, lizards, rodents, insects, that kind of thing. Not much need to be super camoflauged to sneak up on them.
They do still need to be camuflaged to CATCH their prey. It's easy for the prey to see a yellow-colored raptor, but not so easy to see it, if it suits the envirointment.
Also the summit raptors should be more vicious, more fearless, because of the environment and they just have to be tougher to survive up there.

Also thinking maybe the Boss raptor feeds on the smaller raptors
Sounds pretty cool! Though, how about the ending? If the Boss is eating the smaller raptors, then they wouldn't be able to make that trap for Anne.
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Post by hppav »

The previews for Trespasser said that the raptors blend into their environment (which we now know to be false :P)
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

Did a rough map for summit, something that incorporates both the original walkthrough and the latest versions. Long time off till it could see development, but just had some ideas on the Summit.

The flow of gameplay, could start from the lift, a puzzle in ascent could be changed so you need to re-wire a control/power box, the control could be in the lift, the mechanism is a bit rusted so jams just below the top.
A fence could line the edge, with a gate that's very securely locked, with the stairs present, which could give realistic access for raptors.
Play heads to the radio, find that the antenna needs re-configuring/repairing, at this point the player hears creaking, heads out to see the gate is open, raptor pops out from behind a shed. If the player headed that way, they'd find the stairs partially collapsed, a gap too big jump. Otherwise the player heads up a small rock ramp and up metal framework for the most part, like a large structure taking you right up to the flat area with the helipad, they cross this area to head up more stairs to the antenna and a weather shack. The antenna needs a new component, so head to the shack grab a spare, fix the antenna.
Then the player just needs to head back down, radio for help, then get back to the helipad. In the meantime more raptors have arrived and the 'big one' fight could occur in the crater, after its dead, the player just needs to get the helicopter, avoiding raptors back up the way.
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

And have a helicopter actually come this time. :P
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

awesome24712 wrote:And have a helicopter actually come this time. :P
Then we could all shout at the end:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9-Te-DPbSE[/youtube]

That would be neat to see. With raptors around your feet it could be quite an end to the game. As long as they would not fall off the edge. :P
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Wait, whoa, what? This is back in development?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Guys, these ideas are great! Keep it up, it may just happen that way... (Pssst, Tatu! Do we still have the JPOG helicopter model somewhere? Or does someone else?)
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:(Pssst, Tatu! Do we still have the JPOG helicopter model somewhere? Or does someone else?)
Never had that model :P
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

There's the crashed one at the beginning of Streams, but you probably knew that already. :)
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmm, yes I did know of that one. ;) I'm curious who here has the unmutilated version from JPOG so it can be used for some sort of live-model function in Summit, if we wanted a helicopter there when Anne arrives. It's perfect for the job.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

What do you mean by "unmutilated"?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well, the one in JPDS is quite mutilated, as you've probably seen. It's the InGen helicopter wreck at the beginning. My Trespasser files underwent a mass extinction event within a year of my departure from here, so anything which wasn't backed up on Box.net, Imageshack, or Tatu's files (in various places) is lost to me at this time. This includes any raw JPOG models + textures (which, by the way, might prove useful for "TresCom Island").
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

What I mean is that the original JPOG model is missing some bits, IIRC...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Eh? Well no, it doesn't have a full cockpit or fully detailed seats, but that's a minor issue. I was just thinking for this, the helicopter would be there waiting, and the game would turn into cutscene once you'd almost reached the door.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I have it lying around somehwere...