Tres: Reloaded - BE

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Re: Tres: Reloaded - BE

Post by TheRaptorKiller »

Draconisaurus wrote:
Anna wrote:I just played the lev. It's nice :P. And makes more sence now, sort of xD.
The two walls.. Hmmm.. Right now, I don't have any ideas for it, but I'll tell, if I figure out something :P.
Thanks!..Alright. :yum:
hppav wrote:I would say, put some bases for the steel columns. Maybe even some steel beams and decking for the floor, etc.
Hmmm.. Any idea what those would look like?
TheRaptorKiller wrote:u could have a new model of a 1/8 done building like this http://www.builderswithoutborders.com/p ... geria3.gif just a little less complete like one floor looking like this.
I once definitely considered that - but I'm not really "in the mood." :yum: If someone wants to tackle this, then maybe it can be put in! But I'm certainly not going to - I have enough to worry about with the construction zone in JPDS1.
Sure I can do it if you want How Big? How many story's? what kinda texture? etc.
Trespasser Movie Project - Private
"HALO ROCKS AND JUST WONT STOPS!" Trent Ferdig after watching new halo:reach trailer. In God we Trust
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well.. I'm open. Use the InGen billboard as a base reference for the general structure details.. Try not to go TOO overboard with it. It sounds in the voiceovers like the hotel was not under construction for that long yet, IIRC, but still maybe half a year+ has passed..
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Draconisaurus wrote:Well.. I'm open. Use the InGen billboard as a base reference for the general structure details.. Try not to go TOO overboard with it. It sounds in the voiceovers like the hotel was not under construction for that long yet, IIRC, but still maybe half a year+ has passed..
So depending on the weather and how fast they were building it would probably be close to a three/four story Concrete Skeleton no walls or anything just beams, if that's alright.
"HALO ROCKS AND JUST WONT STOPS!" Trent Ferdig after watching new halo:reach trailer. In God we Trust
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sounds good to me. 8) Let me know if you need help - and best to use textures already present in Trespasser (and if possible, textures already present in BE, haha).
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Draconisaurus wrote:Sounds good to me. 8) Let me know if you need help - and best to use textures already present in Trespasser (and if possible, textures already present in BE, haha).
alright will do :wink:
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Draconisaurus wrote:
hppav wrote:I would say, put some bases for the steel columns. Maybe even some steel beams and decking for the floor, etc.
Hmmm.. Any idea what those would look like?

The closest thing to Tres's foundation that I found was this:

But even in this foundation there aren't huge 4 foot X 4 foot X 7 foot (guesstimated) concrete cubes as base.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

So... can I do some folige and terrian work? :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nice refs, Sam. Still not sure what it would look like to be coming straight out of the ocean.. But anyway, TRK is working on a model for the whole thing, we'll wait to see what he comes up with. And yeah those giant concrete cubes never sat well with me :lol:
tatu wrote:So... can I do some folige and terrian work? :D
You certainly may do foliage and trnobj work. 8) Which level would you like to do it for, having a look at the map? ..I'm going to go make an assignments Sticky..
tatu

Post by tatu »

Any level will do :) I can do all of them exept the SUM level if you wish :D

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha, IIIIIIIIIIIIII don't think so. First off, I recommend reading the descriptions for the new levels in their own threads and then deciding if you wish to be a project leader for one of the new levels. 8) Let me know in messenger if you need help deciding :P Then you can focus on that level, and then maybe later work on other levels. Though, I may let you work on BE first.. Which, you can do any time, since its current state has been released. :P
tatu

Post by tatu »

The BE level would be fine:) It was that level I wanted to do because I posted in this topic xD

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmm.. Yes.. yes, I believe that skipped my mind when I read your offer. :lol:
So! Honestly just start working on the BE I released and then post some pics of your progress. :yum: Beach Reloaded currently has no project leader, anyhow..
To start off, I'd suggest doing the empty coastline that goes around the upper portion of the level.. :)
tatu

Post by tatu »

Some progress :)

jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Draconisaurus wrote:Aaaaaaaaand I got a bit side-tracked tonight, but in a good way. I was supposed to continue working on the Plains so I could show you all my progress on that front.. But instead, I started editing more terrain in BE and got a little carried away. Some of the edits were done last year, around the front of the beach, but I took the terrain to a whole new level and opened up..most of the map to be explorable. It's currently looking to me like it will link up with TS (Train Station), although that would throw the time-of-day off. I may have to do two versions of TS to account for this.. Anyway!

I am releasing my progress on BE for you all to see.. but also, I am seeking volunteers to do foliage work for the vast regions newly opened up in the level. The player can now explore all around the southern mountains of Isla Sorna and travel along the rest of the southeastern beach. For now, I'm looking only for people to do foliage and terrain object work (dinosaurs and other things will be done later). The terrain is not in its final form - though it's close enough that foliage can be placed in all the various locations that will be explorable. I will explain this in more detail to whoever gets to do it, but I've placed some random trees around to show the areas I wish to be naturally detailed. Also note that some areas of the terrain which look climbable are intended to be but.. not quite working yet, which is fine, I'll fix that later.

A final note for viewing! The game must be minimized and then restored in order to have proper fog color.
http://www.box.net/shared/5vbi8moab7

Enjoy these previews while you wait:
Image Image Image Image

PS: As a note, future content releases for Tres Reloaded will be kept in a shared folder which is restricted to invited collaborators - at least this is my hope. It will require me to send an invitation email to anyone wishing to work on the project. Does anyone have a problem with this? If not, I guess people can go ahead and PM me their email, if they wish to collaborate.. (if I don't already have your email)
Well, I can't really add much, but I was wondering: Could I be a beta tester?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Probably, sure. We'll figure that step out much later I think.

Great work Tatu. 8) The environment settings really make it look cool lol. Keep it up.