What about a TresCom Town? (Abandoned)

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re: What about a TresCom Town?

Post by JPFan95 »

I live on a considerably large property for my area. If I were to make a level in the town that was in scale to my property, we're talking about two IT Ops Centers! That's about the size of my property.
Site B was not meant to be a theme park, but a research station. This is where we did the real work.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oh I'm totally modeling that jar... I'll base it on Jack Sparrow's jar of dirt. :yum:
Draco master
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Draco master »

lol im thinking of making a "PV curse" Generator, I wonder how I'll make the black swirling stuff o,o unless >=3 drac makes it in his model XD
JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by JPFan95 »

Couldn't we just make the jar, and then an animation of a black hole inside via ASA/B?
Site B was not meant to be a theme park, but a research station. This is where we did the real work.
Draco master
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Draco master »

JPFan95 wrote:Couldn't we just make the jar, and then an animation of a black hole inside via ASA/B?
Well all you need is a tube with an animated texture... the problem is getting a good texture to animate it =3
King_Tyrannus
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by King_Tyrannus »

Draconisaurus wrote:Oh I'm totally modeling that jar... I'll base it on Jack Sparrow's jar of dirt. :yum:
O.........M..........G! Pure briliance!
JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by JPFan95 »

You smell funnay. Haha...

Right. Back to... The TC Town? Ok. I might just make my house.
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Draco master wrote:
JPFan95 wrote:Couldn't we just make the jar, and then an animation of a black hole inside via ASA/B?
Well all you need is a tube with an animated texture... the problem is getting a good texture to animate it =3
easier than that... how about a black swirly static texture on a revolving tube?
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Draco master
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Draco master »

Shadow Wolf wrote:
Draco master wrote:
easier than that... how about a black swirly static texture on a revolving tube?
but....... how do you make it revolve o_O I think thats what JPfan was wondering to....
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

*giggles* I leave Trescom alone for a few days and look what happens... this won't take long. There!

XD I originally did have a jar all modeled out and such, it had see through glass and even had a 'cracked' version in case the player was idiotic enough to let the demonic cloud out of it's confines. I was going to script it in and everything just for kicks but now I just might make a new one, script it and then give it over for the town XD btw, who's in this town? And can we model our own houses? *Imagines a deep underground lair where he makes Trespasser: Reloaded's engine as Draco screams in his ear about mainframes and the failures we could encounter* ;)

And the revolving thingy can be remedied by using a scrolling texture much like the ocean's use.
DeltaX,DeltaY,Anim00
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by JPFan95 »

@Rex

I believe we are modeling our own houses, yes.

@Wolf

No actually, I wasn't confused at all...
King_Tyrannus
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by King_Tyrannus »

I can try to make a house...
JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by JPFan95 »

King_Tyrannus wrote:I can try to make a house...
Try? Try, young Jedi? Do or do not. There is no try. Making a house is not hard at all, with proper tools. Pull out TresEd and mess around with some retail levels. Or, you can attempt modelling with 3DS Max.
King_Tyrannus
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by King_Tyrannus »

Ok, I will do...lol, sex joke.
JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by JPFan95 »

No, nah, not really. Anyway, back on track, who wants to make their house first? I'm in if no one else is.