TO - Research

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

TO - Research

Post by RexHunter99 »

This thread is for the discussion and research of the level TO "Town" or IT "InGen Town"
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: TO - Research

Post by RexHunter99 »

Here are various screenshots of locations inside the town. It makes sense that there would be more complex things and lots of foliage and terrain detail in earlier versions of the TO level because Plains was planned to be a separate level entirely, giving the TO level extra breathing room in regards to resources. Here are pre-release images of the town area to use as a reference when building the level and also to discuss theories about.

ImageImage
Burrows statue/fountain facing the church, gives a view of the area outside of the town walls.
Behind the diner, facing towards the end of IJ
Next to the general store (right) facing the saloon/hotel
Same as above, except the camera is on the other side of the road.
Behind the diner, the gas station is on the left while the operations center is on the right behind the fences.
Center of the road, facing the Ops center, gas station on the left, diner on the right.
In front of the ops center
In gas station parking lot, facing the plains gate.
Motor mehcanic's garage at gas station, interior
View from basketball court of the surrounding areas outside of the town to the North(?) and East(?)
ImageImage
Construction Operation site
Construction Operation site, reverse[/i]
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

I wonder when they decided against the the school and the fields behind it. Having those areas would actually be quite interesting, could fit into the area to the East, taking out or moving the area of construction and extending the road coverage, if it were to be put in.
Maybe the puzzle involving it was too long, and the school no longer served much purpose.
The attic of the store would also seem a welcome return, its such a minor area, while adding to exploring vertically a bit more. Have some junk to chuck out the window at raptors.

Town probably needs less of any major changes, though personally, having a little bit more complex puzzle(s) to extend the stay in the town would be ideal. A few more little things to explore. The generator could be powered up to provide power to open the gates and other things, before you can really commence with getting past security. The gun room in ops could perhaps also be locked and part of a separate puzzle to get some good guns, though optional (perhaps a code that needs to be input at the main security room, or an override key etc.

And for the entry points, they would be good to see the gate, fallen tree and sewage pipe. The sewage system could be extended slightly, and be just like in the walkthrough. Area could be fenced off so it looks like more than a concrete pit, something a bit more functional. Debris, and water could just sit in the bottom for the player to wade through before heading up some steps to the ground.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

I wonder when they decided against the the school and the fields behind it. Having those areas would actually be quite interesting, could fit into the area to the East, taking out or moving the area of construction and extending the road coverage, if it were to be put in.
Maybe the puzzle involving it was too long, and the school no longer served much purpose.
The attic of the store would also seem a welcome return, its such a minor area, while adding to exploring vertically a bit more. Have some junk to chuck out the window at raptors.
There wasn't probably any school building ever made. At least they never put it in-game. That's information from the dev who did most work in the town.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Tatu, I like this idea of having more puzzles in IT/TO. We should brainstorm that, though maybe not here if we want it to be a surprise for others.

One thing - I know you've said you want to make IT not have any dinosaurs in it, to just be a puzzle level. But it seems there was to be a raptor nest in the church - would you mind having maybe one raptor outside, with some baby raptors in the hole in the floor?

Also I think we could try moving some keycards around since we are so used to the original progression.
tatu

Post by tatu »

But it seems there was to be a raptor nest in the church - would you mind having maybe one raptor outside, with some baby raptors in the hole in the floor?
Make sence. Shouldn't make the level more laggy. Sure!
Also I think we could try moving some keycards around since we are so used to the original progression.
Agreed. I already made so you need the passcode from the VO to exit to the plains.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."