Draco - Tuesday, 12 April 2011 (JPDS RELEASED)

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Draco - Tuesday, 12 April 2011 (JPDS RELEASED)

Post by Draconisaurus »

Spoiler: show
Lmao. You may have missed something on your way to the island.
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

I haven't gotten too far, and I have a restrictive schedule right now (working with fossils, building contacts, as a side note I know have connections to Jack Horner, because I am going to school for paleontology and plan on doing grad in Montana) but I am slowly progressing. So far I must say that the atmosphere is great. A few things would have been nice, but the engine is too restrictive for what I want. Also, it sucks you weren't able to get a voice actor, that would have been awesome.
I will give a full review when I finish it.
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Draconisaurus wrote:
Lmao. You may have missed something on your way to the island.
Dang, I have to start all over :lol:
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Sorry for the double post, but...
I found the ----. Funny where it was :lol: Now, I tried making the ------ and leaving the ----- but nothing happens. Is this normal or should I leave it over an specific place?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

The skull told you everything you need to know. And I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't describe how to do the puzzles in these spoilers, I've been removing sensitive nouns from your posts as you make them.. ;)
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Sorry, I won't ask or tell anything more, I promise! :)

PS: I love my censurated posts! Use the ---- with the ---- and when the ---- ---- with the ----- you must ----- the -----. And ----- --- for that -----! :lol:
Christopher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by Christopher »

And I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't describe how to do the puzzles in these spoilers
Uhh, that's kinda the whole point of putting them in spoilers, yeah? :P
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all." - Principal Skinner.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yeah, that's pretty dumb.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

Good job guys. Im so glad you all continued and made this awesome.

*edit* LOL. My old sig...ahh. It should probably say something else. Like Ex-JPDS person from a long time ago that dropped off the face of the earth.
(Well, I was once part of the JPDS team)
- ChrisLikesDinos - JurassicOutpost - JurassicForums -
http://jurassicoutpost.com/
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hehe, it's all good! Those old sigs are nostalgic lol. Anxious to see how you like it when you find a comp to run it.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Draco you bastard!
I got up to the Raptor Canyon, had a single medkit and thought... "nope gotta go back to get a gun someplace"
So I steeled myself to face the Carnotaur (or whatever it is that hangs out at the airstrip) and all the fucking raptors that fly out of the trees at me, which then force me to hup for my deer life and stumble over debris.
No joke, my heart was hammering when that large Carnivore was hunting me into the border of the plains. I was so shit scared.

Then I turned back and it said I couldn't return now, and a baker was blocking me, I almost screamed in rage. Then I thought "Drac won't leave me high and dry like that... there must be a gun a little further in, something I can use with a little precision to secure my safety."
Boy was I wrong. Walked right in there, music ripped up and I screamed in fear as about 3 raptors leaped down at me. I managed to escape them and run in circles, hoping to either get them far enough for me to jump in the jeep with the mounted browning or for me to explore a little better than just jumping up cliffs and shit while hoping I spot a gun which is roughly 10x10 pixels on my screen.
Eventually I found the Mac12S and emptied it into two raptors, two more joined the fray and I fired the last few rounds at one, crippling it but not killing it. Ran across ot the other side and found a Colt 45, thanked whatever god was watching this unfold and squeezed the trigger, wounding the already hurt raptor, and the second shot killing it. I turned to the other raptor, fired the weapon and heard a dreadful sound. Dryfire.
I let the empty weapon drop from my hand and ran, fell into the pond and contracted some awful disease that was slowly killing me. Got attacked by both raptors at once and brought down to 11 hp, managed to rip out the med kit and heal myself (curing the disease) then made my way up to and into the jeep, grabbed the browning and aimed it (with some excellent skill might I add, we all know how hard mounted shit is to aim) and squeezed the trigger.
Yet another fucking empty gun.
Leaping from the jeep as the raptor landed on it, I bolted, running towards some ribs, spotted another colt, but decided I couldn't waste time to grab it, instead opting to climb over boulders to escape. I windowed out so I could write all this.

EDIT: Storytime is over and now I'm getting frustrated. I redid the canyon and killed every raptor that spawned, then made my way out to the other side, got blocked and the subtitle says "only way out is to keep going" so I cant go back or forward, then I turn around and see a raptor 2 metres away, and I only have 2 bullets and no more physics tricks up my sleeves.
Drac that isn't even the slightest bit fair.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hahahaha, wow dude, intense! Thanks for sharing! :pirate:
The carnivore is Allosaurus, or SI's "BigAl". That's neat that it chased you all the way to the Plains..

Sounds like Raptor Valley gave you a real run for your money! While it is possible to complete it with what's in there, it's difficult, and part of the challenge is using things from outside Raptor Valley to complete it, such as the browning ammo boxes to load that mounted gun, which if you'll notice was missing part of the big box on the side. You'll have to explore a bit to find them.
(Originally there were auto-save triggers in this level to save your game just before the "no return" moments or in areas prone to crash, but in beta testing, the auto-save triggers often crashed the level for people because the on-the-fly computation was just too much. I suspect this is why it was taken out of TC Isle's crater facility.)
I have to say, I'm impressed with how far you seem to have gotten with just the guns that were there. I never managed to use the Colts for anything but uh, triggering one of the special events. With only 2 rounds, they are pretty much meant for that and just generally keeping the player on his/her toes as to whether or not that gun you happen to see is actually of value, since these guys would have used some ammo.
There are definitely some combat options contained within Raptor Valley which you didn't exploit!
Keep it up, love the narration. 8)
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

I've redone raptor valley atleast 3 times now, each time I exploited all my known physics attacks, using guns to ram the shit out of raptors (loved that, how you can force the gun into them fast enough for the velocity to injure them) using the steel bars to hammer the crap out of them, rolling the fuel barrel down the slope and on to one of them.
The uh, well I think we both know what the colt is for ;) another physics stunt that kinda would obliterate even a TRex :P
Letting the crates in the truck slam into the raptors as they try to crawl into it.
Riding raptors, cowboy style! 8)

Oh btw, the Allosaurus (BigAl) climbed the staircase to the helipad and ate me D: I dunno how it pulled that off (might have to make a patch and put an AIbox around the staircase so it doesn't camp so easily like that.)

JPDS is just too big to explore for me, I get lost too easily even using local geography to locate myself, so I have trouble finding anything else to explore.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

RexHunter99 wrote:I've redone raptor valley atleast 3 times now, each time I exploited all my known physics attacks, using guns to ram the shit out of raptors (loved that, how you can force the gun into them fast enough for the velocity to injure them)
Damn. I've only gotten that to work once, and it was an accident, if you don't count the mis-scripted toxin rifle.
using the steel bars to hammer the crap out of them,
Yep
rolling the fuel barrel down the slope and on to one of them.
LOL?! That wasn't planned. I didn't know you could do damage to them that way, jeez. I gotta try that. That was surely one of the dev's original ideas for filling the levels with barrels, was to roll them into raptors.
The uh, well I think we both know what the colt is for ;) another physics stunt that kinda would obliterate even a TRex :P
Yeah! :yum: Well I take it it worked, then. One of my favorite parts, I always try to get that in.
Letting the crates in the truck slam into the raptors as they try to crawl into it.
:| That's new too... glad I provided for that.
Riding raptors, cowboy style! 8)
lmao, don't think that counts :P
Oh btw, the Allosaurus (BigAl) climbed the staircase to the helipad and ate me D: I dunno how it pulled that off (might have to make a patch and put an AIbox around the staircase so it doesn't camp so easily like that.)
:|..... Climbed the staircase, well that is new, and AWESOME. No way I'm taking that out. And yes the whole idea is for that guy to give you a difficult situation up on the helipad. You could try riding the BioSyn heli down to the ground, heheh. I think there are some crates up there too, we all know how that one reviewer handled the ones in Demo...
JPDS is just too big to explore for me, I get lost too easily even using local geography to locate myself, so I have trouble finding anything else to explore.
Well now, that's something I didn't expect. But lucky you, the road system covers a lot of the major locations, and on the far end by the cliff side, you might find a map somewhere which you can then activate by pressing M (and use path-tracing with T) and always figure out where you are in relation to everything else...

Also, interestingly enough, it sounds like you've gone down the mountain from the start pond via the right path (as you look forward at the start) instead of the left. You can access the full road system from either side but they will take you to a lot different places at first. You will probably want to see what's up at the North Utility Shed.
So has anyone found the "marshland" yet?
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

You mean the area with
zombie raptors?
If so, yes.