Draco - Sunday, 6 June 2010

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Draco - Sunday, 6 June 2010

Post by Draconisaurus »

Name: Draco Astreus
Position: Everything except what tatu does
Listening to: "Tribal Radio", Pandora Internet Radio

Alright everyone, I have some cool news. I've quit my job, finally!! Been working at this Pizza Ranch for about 4 years now, and before that I worked on and off at another Pizza Ranch for a few years. It feels goooood. I've saved up enough money to get me through a few months without working any job, during which time I will be researching for and writing a certain very cool book which I will go into detail about some other day.

For now, however, I am kicking into full gear on other things. My recent Facebook activities have zapped an unexpected amount of time away from me and so I'm taking a week off in order to wrap this thing up. Yes "this thing" = JPDS. I'm not sure exactly when release will be ready but it MUST be soon. I'm also still hoping to record some Tres utility tutorials for youtube by recording my computer screen with an HD camera, lol. But it's of the utmost importance that I take care of all of this immediately, because I am no longer going to be making an income and must get to working on the things which will generate an income to support this apartment as soon as I may. (I'm also planning to sell lots of my junk when the holiday season gets closer, lol.) I would not be able to do that with JPDS still hanging unfinished, so this is it.

Now I'm going to announce a little something fun! There are going to be a few eggs around in JPDS. I could just make some new egg models, or borrow one of the many that have been made for fan levels (TC Act I & II, The Four Towers), but I've just gotten the idea that I could offer for members here to create their own eggs with their own textures, and as long as they are not super crappy, I will put them into JPDS1 for you ;) For those who can't model, you can borrow an egg from a fan level and make a new texture for it. The texture does not have to be particularly realistic, this supposed to be fun. Might be cool to do a realistic texture with something additional on it. Or hell, make it look radioactive, whatever's cool. I will be accepting the best 8 submissions. If fewer than 8 people submit eggs, I will accept multiple eggs from specific people. Oh and these eggs need to be unhatched, but cracks are acceptable.

And just to make you all happy, here are some new shots to wet your appetite, enjoy.

Image Image Image
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re: Draco - Sunday, 6 June 2010

Post by makairu »

So is JPDS1 going to be the only JPDS release? Also, what format do you need the textures and models in. I can't do TPM format, but anything else I can do.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yep, I've had that in mind for some time now. In order to have done the full Embryonics Administration, the JPDS Team would need to have focused on that from the very beginning and had a limited environment in the first level besides that. Of course, I wasn't very good at modeling buildings back then. The result has been a huge non-linear outdoor environment instead, with some building action as well. I will be releasing material intended for the other levels and full plot descriptions eventually.

Oh and 3DS will work for the egg, but again you can export an egg from another fan level and just retexture it.
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

Okay, I want to model my own. :D
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

S.I. has some eggs lying around, I believe...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ahhh, are those the ones in the egg hunt level? I'll have to dig that out...

Aha yes, DinoEggs. It has 3 high-poly eggs with different textures. Those should be fine too, despite the poly :yum: They look great ingame.

Meh I'll upload the level for anyone who doesn't have it. Check out my Tres File Box (in sig).
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

So I've gotten one egg so far. Who else is up for this?

To make things simpler, here are three eggs you can choose to start from:
http://www.box.net/shared/e9us4403md
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

So no one else is going to make an egg..? If I don't get at least 3 submissions, I'm afraid I'll be doing all the eggs myself to keep them consistent. It's very easy.. All Jet did was paste an image onto an egg texture.
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Drac, I have the un- :D version of that egg if you want that, too.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Let me see if I have some eggs left...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

New contest: let's see who throws more eggs at Drac... ;)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

lmao... Shields up!

makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

Okay >:] lemme just make a few more then. :D
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha sure, I'm definitely not getting too many yet, feel free to make several as long as they are plenty different from each other..