The JPDS Forums are here!

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

The JPDS Forums are here!

Post by Draconisaurus »

Alright everyone, it's finally here! The new TresCom JPDS forums. "JPDS Conference Room" is the original "JPDS" private forum renamed, and "JPDS Public Discussion" is for all public discussion of the game, including major updates, dev journals, or any topics JPDS and non-JPDS Team members wish to post. :) The original "JPDS public thread" (as us devs have called it) will now reside here in the public discussion board, however I have no plans to use it any further. It's rather unorganized, being a continuous thread chronicling the development of JPDS since day 1 on December 8th, 2004, back when we still wanted to create the entire game in 1 level, or at least make all 3 levels at once.. (ha ha ha). I sorta wish I could split it up myself, but I have no such rights.. As it is, few new members are unlazy enough to go through and read the entire thing. :P From now on, dev journals will be used primarily for all updates (that means no more links to them will be posted in the old thread). There are also several JPDS-related threads I created in the level creation/editing forum that I might like to have in here, but I won't bother Slug about those. ;)
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Nice little board they've set up here.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yep! :D Thanks goes to Slugger for taking the time to put it up while he had the hiccups, and to Paul for being nice enough to let us have 2 forums when I originally requested 4. :lol:
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re: The JPDS Forums are here!

Post by Anna »

How is it going? :)
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lol, hey. :yum: :) It's uh.. it's going slow. I find myself periodically in and out of the "modding mood", which I require to be productive and produce quality work. Just recently I've been on my xbox again a fair amount, in heavy anticipation of LOTR Conquest, which I'll hopefully be getting um.. on Friday I suppose (unless I go on Wednesday just to get it). Anyway good amounts of progress have been made using the split-up levels I mentioned some time ago. They allow for quick loading of the working area both ingame and in TresEd and the effect is quite visible. I'll see about putting some screenshots up soon, but I don't want to reveal too much.. I've also adopted a new river-making technique from Matt that is sure to speed of the creation of JPDS1's somewhat elaborate stream system, along with some stream-side rock objects that can be repeated in TresEd rather than modeling the whole thing in Max. Oh and the starting area got a huge upgrade.. ah hell I'll go make a quick dev journal.

How are YOUR modding endeavors going? :P :D
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

Nice to see the level ain't forgotten :p. As soon it comes out, I will play it! :D
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lol alrighty. Yeah I'm not about to let go of a project that's been 4 years in the making.. even if I'm stripping lots of content from the original plan. It's going to be sweet.. if still somewhat of a pain to actually finish.
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

Good :D.
You could maybe, in the end of the level, inset a Spino in the water, so when you shall out the the boad (or what it else could be), so does the Spino comes up at the water, just like in JP3 :mrgreen:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heheh, well that might have gone into JPDS3 but I'm afraid it won't really work in this level. :cry: The spino is.. erm well I shouldn't reveal too much. ;) But it's not in the playing area of JPDS1. Don't worry there will be other super predators to deal with..
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

Yaaayyy! :D