Nem - Tuesday, 12 August 2008

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Nem
-=TresCom Administrator=-
-=TresCom Administrator=-
Antispam: No

Nem - Tuesday, 12 August 2008

Post by Nem »

Position: Level Design.
Listening to: Through The Forest - Resident Evil: Outbreak File #2 OST

In my first journal I'm going to talk about the advancements made in the last couple of weeks on level design. Upon being invited by Draco to join the team, I was given the task to work on some less developed areas of the level, I also got to re-do some areas which Draco was not happy with:

Hazardous Species Paddock

The above pictures show the current look of the Sorna fence perimeter after the first layer of foliage is placed. What's left to do is adding undergrowth to this location, to consolidate the density of this type of jungle.

Pine Forest Area

The above pictures show two different locations where the pine tree is predominant, as with the HSP, undergrowth as not yet been placed, but the area already emanates a sort of familiar yet fresh feeling, where different type of forests come together and blend in with the pines... Eventually, all the pine models will be replaced when Draco gets around to it. :wink:

The Marsh

The single picture above shows one area which I'm sure will be a lot of fun to play through. The Marsh may look harmless from the outside, but the combination of the high density grass and it's inhabitants will surely provide some interesting gameplay opportunities.

I guess that's all for this journal. Look for other updates as more progress continues to be made.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: Nem - Tuesday, 12 August 2008

Post by Nick3069 »

Very nice. :mrgreen:
An other JPDS update already?!? :o Holy cow, JPDS must be going faster than it has ever before.
Nem wrote:Image
That reminds me of the hill at the very beginning of PV.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Nice...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Great journal Nem. 8)
Nick3069 wrote:Very nice. :mrgreen:
An other JPDS update already?!? :o Holy cow, JPDS must be going faster than it has ever before.
Yeah I think that's fair enough to say.. we have some real fire under our butts to go faster, now, I think that's helping, as well I think I've gotten much better at handling and organizing the mess and procedures. Though really, a lot of it is thanks to Nem, his foliage work frees me up to take care of other pending needs for the level.
Nem wrote:Image
That reminds me of the hill at the very beginning of PV.
Interesting that it should do that.. ;)
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

I'm jealous!!! Thats the look mIm trying to go for in RainForest :x
Good work it looks wonderful *Pulls out MP5* and those marshes look tantalizing!
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
THEL1NK1N2
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by THEL1NK1N2 »

Hmm, like machf said:
machf wrote:Nice...
Wow, is that a tree against the fence? Cool, climbing over, while running away from a T-rex would be nice..(Of course, assuming you've got something to break your fall... :D :lol:
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Wow, look great :), you guys works with JPDS more than ever now (:
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

RexHunter99 wrote:I'm jealous!!! Thats the look mIm trying to go for in RainForest :x
Interesting.. well I still can't wait to see it. :D Also, the look you see here is incomplete without the underbrush yet to be added.. for now the floor looks a bit empty, but that'll change before too long. Actually I think Nem is better at ground foliage by far than myself.. he's had loads of experience at this point lol, and he has ample patience, something I've found is hard to find these days! :|
Good work it looks wonderful *Pulls out MP5* and those marshes look tantalizing!
In fact, there will be a silenced MP5 in JPDS1. ;) There's your first hint at the new weapon set...

Haha, looks like the rest of the team is finally adopting the JPDS sig. :yum: :lol:
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

*Adopts the JPDS sig also, just to be a sheep and to be annoying...*
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha, okay.. well I don't see it yet. :yum:
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

I didn't get around to it *does it now*
EpicZen