Update?

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Update?

Post by tatu »

Well, no update since last year? what happend? How does the progress doing? :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Update?

Post by Draconisaurus »

It's a good topic for discussion. Lately as you know, I've put considerable effort into getting Tres Reloaded off the ground and encouraging others to work on the levels, reaching beyond the town as I originally set it up, since I realized development of just the town would be quite slow and some other progress stood to be made if we increased the "current" scope of the project.
So, there's that.. and I had been working on JPDS pretty regularly (as/in, 3-5 days a week) just before getting into that, but since about the time I released BE Reloaded, my life has been tied up in quite a few unexpected goings-on and transformations, which are important enough to me that they do take precedence over JPDS. However, I'm hoping to get back to JPDS ASAP.. The latest progress I've made has all been involving the Laboratory of the Hillside Research Station. I haven't bothered to post any updates about it in here because.. there aren't really any active team members besides myself. :P But, that lab is coming along very nicely. I've taken the Trespasser biochem building and totally refitted it.. including almost entirely all new textures, some mesh fixes/alterations, and new puzzles to make it interesting... Main reason I've been putting effort into the HRS lab is because the Embryonics Admin. will not be in JPDS1, and I've no clue when it might be done, if it is. :( So hopefully the puzzles and detail in this smaller lab will give JPDS1 the kind of dark suspense and wonder in JP-style abandonment that it was meant to, along with the other buildings at the HRS.
For updates on other fronts, you should look to the latest JPDS to-do list in this forum. It shows the things which remain to be done - though it doesn't include most of the objectives I must complete for the HRS itself. I am still hoping to set up a laser fence for the Hunters Camp. Aaaand I need to make some dinosaur nests around the island, as part of a puzzle in the HRS Lab.. oh yes, and I need to work on the Mayan tunnels that stem from the secret island. o_O;; I am suddenly reminded of my intended timetable. I better get back on JPDS pretty soon.
tatu

Post by tatu »

okey! well, I still believe that JPDS is going to be great, it's just different from the other levels:)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lol ain't that the truth. :yum: I am currently hoping, tentatively, to return the "new health system" I'd wanted to JPDS1.. where your health does not regenerate and you must find food and medical supplies.. I was going to drop it for time considerations, but I realized that it would only work as it's meant to in LARGE level such as JPDS1, so that your health doesn't reset with each new level. :| Planning to have things like mushrooms, fruits, and medpacks for this...