Um, Updating or Dead

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Um, Updating or Dead

Post by chronzerg »

"Even stars die..."
-Anikan Skywalker

Is this dead too?
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Post by hppav »

So it would seem.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

going to appear in JPDS :) so not dead just merged with JPDS.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

BTW Mickey when is the JPDS lvl 1 coming out?
Coz I cant check, the site is down and everything and I was hoping it would be out before New Years
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

As were we. But that's just not going to happen now, not enough time. But there is hope. After today, I have 3 weeks of winter vacation. This stretches into 2007, so we won't have anything released by new years. I'm going to wait for an official projection until we get things moving along.. but I'm gonna say around January 31st, if we want to touch everything up as much as I'm betting we'll want to. There will be NO public JPDS1 beta.

Mickey is quite correct, the entire Hunters Camp from the movie is featured in JPDS, along with all the trespasser voiceovers relating to it (including many which were unused), and all the trespasser models relating to it (including unused basement and mystery models), plus many new things will be created for it. It is intended to be a major sub-plot of the level, not directly tied to the primary plotline.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

It will be worth the wait. The beta is great. By the way, are you planning on keeping the old models or updating them (the rex, albertasaur, possibly the stegosaurus)?
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

:lol: JPDS is starting to sound like my JPO, keeps getting pushed back and back and back and back, lol. Anywho, I'm working on the computer monitor images right now for my mod. I'm focusing on the Control Room first.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

hppav wrote::lol: JPDS is starting to sound like my JPO, keeps getting pushed back and back and back and back, lol. Anywho, I'm working on the computer monitor images right now for my mod. I'm focusing on the Control Room first.
Sounds cool.....we're going to have a duplication of the Control Room inside the EA Administration Building. So be on the lookout for that. What kind of screens do you have so far?

BTW what's JPO? You mean JP4? :P
Second Illiteration wrote:It will be worth the wait. The beta is great. By the way, are you planning on keeping the old models or updating them (the rex, albertasaur, possibly the stegosaurus)?
Glad you liked it. :) And yes, definately updating them. Haven't done much of it lately but machf and I were in contact quite a bit concerning new dinosaur models (particularly Spino), I don't think he technically accepted my invitation to join the team.. perhaps consider him, an unofficial contributor. ;) And of course we'll use as many of your new skins as will fit into the level layout.
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Just couldn't finish it. Completing a level isn't an easy task if you're as impatient as I am.

Unlike JPDS's Hunter Camp, this level's camp was not going to be a very accurate representation of the film's camp.

The original concept was Troodon's. When he left, I tried resurrecting the level with what little I had left of the level's files.

Ultimately, I made one model for this level (and about two or three for Troodon's), had level files, terrain (Troodon's original terrain), and some basic foliage and the like planted around near the start area.

Troodon's idea for the level was fairly solid, I thought. The level had a cental lake and a river leading out. The player's goal was to get to the Hunter Camp, find something they needed, and use it to get into a boat house by the lake. Once there, they would ride away on a zodiac boat either as a scripted event or an endgame cutscene.

Model renders, facts, the terrain itself, and other little bits of media are available on my equally defunct Trespasser site, Trespasser Underground.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Draconisaurus wrote:
hppav wrote::lol: JPDS is starting to sound like my JPO, keeps getting pushed back and back and back and back, lol. Anywho, I'm working on the computer monitor images right now for my mod. I'm focusing on the Control Room first.
Sounds cool.....we're going to have a duplication of the Control Room inside the EA Administration Building. So be on the lookout for that. What kind of screens do you have so far?

BTW what's JPO? You mean JP4? :P
Jurassic Park Oblivion. So far I have two of the giant projector screens done (some of the text is speculation):

The other one is too big to post here (1.27MB) so here's the link:
http://geocities.com/rescuemullet/fencefailureanim.gif

NOTE: These are animated versions of individual frames to demostrate animation.

Here's a variation of the Explorer one here:

chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

I like both of em. Hey, you guys should release some more media for JPDS to get our mouths watering again.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

What's the status of Jurassic Park Oblivion?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I'll let mullet man come in to tell later, but I can tell you, he's actually doing quite a bit for it, including several new models, plus I've got somethin goin on the heightmap. ;)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Where have you been hiding all this time?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Me?! Uhhhh.... Okay I'll be honest, I am working furiously on a half-hour Stargate video project, to be submitted to the McKay Contest on youtube. It requires all of the time I don't spend at work (5 days a week, average 5 hour shifts) to complete, and I have only 2 weeks before contest submitting closes. Unfortunately this means I haven't been working on JPDS for a little over a month, however others (including Slash) have been doing so off and on (plus there's a lot I did earlier which I have not updated with on here). There's also the matter of us conceptualizing a top-secret non-Tres game I can't discuss which for now will be known as "Chibi Pink Dino Slayer".

(should have a giant JPDS update at the start of August, also we're going to release JPDS~testing quite soon as well)