Raptor Skins

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Wow I just found this thread.... lol So SI you think you can fix up that raptor skin? It wasn't too hard for me to render it in the right format, I can do it again easily. It really does look very nice... just needs some adjustment around the mid-body and a couple other spots. 8)
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

yeah it shouldn't be too hard, if I can get some screen shots of where stuff needs fixing...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

OK SI here are some more raptor renders from Tom:

DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

Ok, that looks cool, so wait is this skin being used in JPDS? if so I have a fews questions, wouldnt we want to put it on another rap body, cause the JP/// raps had a more of a tc_isle build, also what about the quills/feathers on the top of his head? Anyway looks good and Ill try to continue posting as long as my comp doesnt crash.
(Well, I was once part of the JPDS team)
- ChrisLikesDinos - JurassicOutpost - JurassicForums -
http://jurassicoutpost.com/
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

ok...that second pic shows the spots good...I'll see what I can do...

once that's done all it needs is a head crest
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

i'm having some trouble lining up the pieces of the skin so I can know where things need to be fixed. Any one have any ideas of where the pieces meet and where'd theyd overlap and such?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hey SI, don't suppose you've come any further with the JP/// rap skin have you? :?:
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

I haven't worked on it for a couple weeks...I might have to start all over again, to try and get a more uniform skin...

I was trying to contact remdul or anyone who maybe knew of a way to make one skin and then seperate it later...

I do have a new computer, so I can finally see the dinosaurs in TPDC so that helps out alot...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Cool well tell us when you make more headway, or if you need any help. One suggestion I can make is directly comparing the TC maps with your JP///-rap maps to see if they obviously differ in any way. As for combining them now and seperating them afterwords, I'd say there's only a small chance of that happening but it's possible.

Also SI, when you get a chance, talk with MikeTheRap about some music things he has in mind for JPDS... ;)
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

alright...the big problem is that I think the skin pieces overlap and I'm not exactly sure where it is that they do...I'll come up with something I suppose....most likely I'll start over from scratch, or atleast redo everything except the head....

I'll drop a pm for the music stuff....
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

OK sounds good. BTW SI, I'm not sure if you can do this, and if you can't just say so and I'll work it out, but one way to tell what's going on with the textures is first of all to make each texture a different solid color, and have a black grid on it to show how it wraps around the body (numbers would probably be too big). I'm thinking this should show you where each image ends up on the raptor. :)
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

yeah...that might help...

though I'm still going to redo the body, planning it out better so hopefully it'll be closer....

now I remember...what I tried doing was moving one part of the skin out of the folder, so that it didn't load with the model to see where it ended up...

I think if I start with the head, and have only that load up, and then work on the adjacent part of the skin and get that to fit up perfectly and so on until it all fits...yeah that should work...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yeah there ya go! :yes: Give us an update when you can. When it's done we can post it in the public JPDS thread along with some other updates. 8)
(BTW if you want a JPDS sig from Tom, just ask I'm sure he'd be happy to make ya one if ya want :))
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

here's a small update....I worked at it for a while last night....and got frustrated because it still isn't synching up properly which is weird because I overlapped the head/neck skin, with the upper body/arm skin thinking that that would make them meld together uniformly...yet that is not the result I got....

so I'm stumped for the moment...but I'll keep trying...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

K I'm pretty damn bussy tonight, probably won't even have time for terraforming, but maybe 2morrow I can slip in some time to test my grid-layout theory. Keep tryin though! I'm sure it's doable. :)