Worker Village

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Worker Village

Post by Draconisaurus »

OK here is the thread for designing/modelling the Worker Village area on Level 2. Right now though it is just a concept. I have drawn a basic map but what we are going on currently as far as design goes is the concept artwork and models made for TLW, as seen on TLW DVD bonus features. I don't have a DVD screencapture program and Tom's had only a 30 day trial or something, so I took these pictures with my digicam, which is why there is a CHAPTER in the corner of some and why the image is a little distorted. If anyone here has a screencap program for DVDs, by all means make better ones than these!!!

*EDIT: most images below have been removed, since Ryan got us better versions :D*

This concept is the only one on the DVD which shows the final, microscopic version of the worker village which isn't really worthy of being called a village. Though, we will be making the buildings there, which I don't think were part of the original drawings.
I'm not sure what this image is for. It shows raptors stalking people (presumabley the InGen guys) through a partially flooded building that is very metallic in structure. I don't remember seeing anywhere where this could be, but if we can encorperate it that would be awesome.

So those are the concepts we are working from. Hopefully we can eventually get better quality images of them, I actually have planned that we follow them VERY closely, not just as guidlines. Some of them contradict eachother slightly but the more recent ones don't. Also the model version of the Worker Village seems to be missing the detailed Geothermal Plant that was planned for the village, obviously we will be doing the full-blown geothermal plant. An even less detailed version made it into the movie, which is just some pipes sticking up in the air that lead from a dead dino skeleton, quite pathetic... Anyway here is a very quick sketch of the map I have conceived for the town. The main road with the Operations Building at the end is supposed to be the road seen in most of the concepts above. Especially in the early ones it seems like the village is intensionally left open to be bigger than what appears on screen, such as the one that shows the church, so I expanded the village just a bit in that direction. The rest of the village has to be designed obviosly, and that will be the next step for development of the Worker Village.
Last edited by Draconisaurus on Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Very nice! I'm glad you were able to get these online - it'll make some of the work a little easier, as I don't have to whip out my TLW DVD. :D
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

MikeTheRaptor wrote:I'm glad you were able to get these online - it'll make some of the work a little easier, as I don't have to whip out my TLW DVD. :D
No prob! :D

Here are some other images of the Worker Village (as seen in the movie though) I grabbed from JPAftermath, which should be useful for fine details and such, also I want to make sure we get the Operations Building to look exactly like this one, well minus the stairs, those are cooler in the model shots. 8)

http://www.jpaftermath.com/images/still ... lw_157.jpg
http://www.jpaftermath.com/images/still ... lw_158.jpg
http://www.jpaftermath.com/images/still ... lw_159.jpg
http://www.jpaftermath.com/images/still ... lw_175.jpg
http://www.jpaftermath.com/images/still ... lw_177.jpg

It might be kinda hard to notice in these, but if you look there is a hallow metal sphere ontop of the dome, which seems to replace the tower thing in the model shots. I've talked to Chris about it, and... we have no idea what either of these hallow metal things are. If anyone has any ideas for what either of these things might be, please say so!! We have to figure out what it is in order to model it, just going by the model shots might not look to good if we don't know what it's supposed to be. Some ideas brought up have been a fountain, observation, decoration, and communications of some sort.

Also, I kinda forgot about this but the fact is I started modelling the Operations Building many months ago for other purposes. Also I did not have the refs I do now on my comp so it will be more accurate and I can get that accuracy more easily. Here is how far I got:

PS: OK I have just gone to take a bunch more screencaps with my digicam, which are all of the Operations Center from the movie. Actually a couple are from production photos. Anyway I think they will help GREATLY in modelling that thing... Here they are:

MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

It's hard to tell what that dome is, though it's my guess that it was a glassed in dome - like a sky light for the interior. The top piece definately looks like something for communications - so it's a mixture of both decoration and communication - that's my theory on it, at least.
ryan_eaglesfield
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

edited photos

Post by ryan_eaglesfield »

here are some cleaned up versions of those pics
and now they sre gone sorry. -_-
Last edited by ryan_eaglesfield on Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ryan_eaglesfield
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by ryan_eaglesfield »

deleted^^
Last edited by ryan_eaglesfield on Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Whow didn't see this topic I wanna do this level :yes: :lol: :) :wink: 8)