Concept Artwork

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

JPXTom
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by JPXTom »

I like it..nice work Draco. And planning on anyhting for it? Like will it have some nice guns, or is it just for scenery.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well if you take a momemnt and go back to look at the original plot concepts/maps I drew, the Utility Shed has been on board since the very beginning. It's supposed to be the first place where the player is able to find a good weapon at (they get a simple PHK or w/e in the helicopter wreckage, and perhaps one other good weapon at a hunter jeep if they find it). The Utility Shed was originally basically the only thing between the starting point and the EA, heh, obviously now it's just one of many possible stops. You'll notice it's connected to the powerline network; it serves as a sort of transformer station (like the kind you see around today) for Site B. Also it's the North Utility Shed; there will be several in the game (one nice thing about modelling something like that, we can use it over again and change it up), just as you'd need several transformer stations for an island like Isla Sorna with 3 power generators, etc. The Shed will also have a general assortment of InGen supplies (yes including Crates :D). On a last note, to get into this place, you'll notice there is a padlock on the front gate. It won't come off if you just go and jiggle it or something but it will easily break off when you fire at it (at least, this is how I have it planned). So yeah to answer your question, it's not just for looks, I've got it all planned out. 8)
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

Ok its been a while but Im gonna come back with some true concept art.

Anne: "Ahhh like wtf I broke a nail!" :o
Rex: :lol:
Shed: "Owie" :?:

Well basicly its a theory of having damageable buildings, and to make it realistic no more hiding in "cardboard boxes"
(Well, I was once part of the JPDS team)
- ChrisLikesDinos - JurassicOutpost - JurassicForums -
http://jurassicoutpost.com/
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

LOL nice job Chris. Good to see you're back in the concepting business. :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Mmkay lol this thread hasn't been posted in since June 2005. That would be cause we have our own website now..... *glares at Mike* >_>
K so I've got some new concept art that I drew during biology class. First one was a bit of inspiration that struck me on how to go about constructing the basis for the structure of the Greenhouse, which at the time I created its room and the start of the Aquarium, somewhat illuded me. So now I've got it.. and it will be most helpful. ;) I've also made a concept for the entire Radio Station on the summit of Misty Mountain. This illuded me for some time as well!! Both fairly major design breakthroughs. I may be modelling a bit of each location very soon, alongside new tree modelling. K well here are the two new Concepts:

Greenhouse

Misty Mountain Radio Station

Oh and a side note..... I have now tentatively set a new release date for JPDS1 :P It is: March 19th, 2007. Happens to be my gf's 20th birthday heheh ;) Let's see if we can make it, guys! Let's get this show back on the road!!
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Yes, progress. By the way I have some new skins. Are there any original skins from the game that you want to keep? Otherwise I could pretty much have replacements for all of the dinos.
Slash_Master
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Slash_Master »

:D
nice work drac ;) hope you'll get those models soon ^^

it'll be awesome if you show those skins SI x3
SlashMaster's Bio-Terror
50%
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Ok here is every skin I've ever created (that I'm allowed to show. Some skins I've created for certain people that still remain secret)

http://rapidshare.com/files/16799840/Sk ... _.rar.html
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

Wow some of those skins are really awesome. I really like some of the Raptors and Spinosaurs.
(Well, I was once part of the JPDS team)
- ChrisLikesDinos - JurassicOutpost - JurassicForums -
http://jurassicoutpost.com/