A Cavern Puzzle in Mind....

Released! - TresCom Ops' TC Act 2 Archive Forum.

Moderators: scallenger, Hilwo, Kovu

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

A Cavern Puzzle in Mind....

Post by Rebel »

Rem, I was considering the fact that once down inside the caverns, getting to the exit is just a walk in the park. I'd like to add a puzzle here with a bit of a story behind it as well.

Here's the pitch:

I'd like to add a 'boarded up section' inside the cavern, you know, sorta like a standard mine tunnel being boarded up, just past the right turn we'd make if we were to not walk straight ahead into your rock trap. We could place it as if the boards were nailed tightly into the very next two upright beams. The premise would be, whoever was there last, boarded the place up to hinder anyone or 'anything' following to the exit pool. This 'boarded up section' would also have a few bullet holes in it, there would be the skeletal remains of a man who was unlucky enough to meet his end there, presumably killed by whoever was on the other side of the obstruction. An airtank with a rather large tear, as if a bullet ripped through it and perhaps caused an explosion by itself) will lay beside him. It would be unclear if the victim had actually been struck by a bullet himself, or perhaps his exploding air tank caused his death. In front of him, lies the obstruction, an explosive pack has been set inbetween board cracks, though the set dial has gone missing. Player would need to find that dial. Once in position, a timer clicking would kick in, a play animation could be used to show the dial turning to zero before the explosion. Player could also shoot the explosive, with or without the dial, though Anne would be too close to the blast, so she'd die in the attempt (I'd use kill-zone triggers for this). Setting the explosive, then running to a safe distance (say around the corner) before the explosion occurs would be the only method of getting through this alive.

Once the explosion occurs, of course, our boarded up section would have a huge hole torn into it, so it'd probably be two separate models we'd use here, switching models when appropriate time comes.

What'dya think? As far as the reason for the murder, well it could have simply been two ingen employees who didn't like each other, or perhaps the one who left the island through our exit pool was stealin' something. (Maybe, the employee was ordered to board up the section to prevent any unwelcome, future visitors from accessing that section of the caverns) Or perhaps, it was simply an accidental killing, the fleeing ingen employee, hearing something on the other side of the obstruction thought that perhaps it was a dinosaur that had followed him down into the caverns and he fired wildly. Realizing that he might have just killed a co-worker, he drops his gun at the base of the obstruction and runs off towards the pool. The actual circumstances surrounding the unknown's death could be best left for individual imagination....
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Got the stuff:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/boarded.jpg

Zip:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/boarded.zip

Two new textures, existing palettes. Got one seperate model of the supports as well, to add to the tunnel leading to the cavern part.
Few shattered planks, it would be cool if these fly thru the air after the explosion from where ever you're hiding.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Got 'em, bub. I'll see what I can do. We'll have to figure out the explosion yet, of course.

*Noticed you added the bullet holes too, eh? :D