Files n' Notes

Released! - TresCom Ops' TC Act 2 Archive Forum.

Moderators: scallenger, Hilwo, Kovu

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Files n' Notes

Post by Rebel »

Remdul, I've uploaded the promo files for tc~river and a sound package.

The promo upload contains valid level files, empty swp/pid (for swp updates), texture folder, as well as that exe. app. The Sound pack has everything needed for clean tpa updates. You probably don't even need some of what I've uploaded, though it couldn't hurt to have copies of all of these things.

I'd like you to download this stuff when you can, but within a few days if possible as I'm going to take my site offline in a few weeks (be using my Yahoo briefcase for uploading files after that time -- you guys will be able to download them from there) and I'd like to get most of the heavy lifting out of the way before then. I'm also ready to upload the Alpha version for the contest winners, though I would like to add those steps at the power station beforehand, (I also need your ok on those elevator controls) so whenever you get the urge to model those, that'd be great.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Well, those elevator controls looked great in the screenshots, definatly a go.

Sure, will quickly model 'n upload them rusty stairs. :yum:

* Here it is:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/stairs.zip

3ds also includes block of concrete that you can place under the two pipes, so they actually lead to the machine.
I think you can replace the two valves on the turbine with the ones from the SS Venture, look much better (hope I'll get the time to upload an early version this weekend).
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Okeedok. I won't worry about changing valves for the alpha, that little stuff won't matter much. I wasn't sure how those pipes came into play, so I actually had those two valves controlling water flow (off/on) from their ends. Reckon I'll have to delete that stuff --

Screenshot of what I had there:

http://www.trespasserextras.com/pipes.jpg

*Or, we could alter your plan some, suggest that those pipes continue on into the turbine itself as you plan, though the two short pipes on side of concrete block shown in pic below could designate overflows. The crude upright valve shown atop the concrete block would open up the flow, allowing excess water collected inside the turbines to drain. It could be considered a system flush. It'd also add a little something to the area, give the players something to play around with.

http://www.trespasserextras.com/overflow.jpg

btw, if I brought out the top landing of the stairs to the edge of the cavern there, they were coming way too close to the concrete base and stairs supporting the turbines. So, I cut down the length of the landing some so that the layout resembles that pic. I hope you don't mind me messin' with your model. :oops:
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Here's the Alpha Version, gentlemen.

That should be everything needed now; the alpha, tc~river promo level, tpa package to create TresCom tpa and that little exe app. which can be bundled to create the TresCom.exe file on users comps with Mp's installer.

:yum: