Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: TRESCOM_ANTHOLOGY

Post by Draconisaurus »

That's so funny! So uhhhh... What version of TC Levels release is going to have this fix? :|
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Draconisaurus wrote:That's so funny! So uhhhh... What version of TC Levels release is going to have this fix? :|
Well, if that one little beep bugs anyone, they can use the drag n' drop utility I just wrote up ( in the zip below). Just drop tc_isle's
grf file onto the program's window, that'll fix it. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for another release at some point -

*Program will create a backup of the grf with the extension .org. This utility is only for the anthology's tc_isle.grf file (fine for both the atx and
the ce version).
Attachments
tc_isle_grf_fix.zip
tc-isle grf_tscript fix
(331.42 KiB) Downloaded 456 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha a utility to fix a single integer script value, that's hilarious.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Rebel wrote: Nice to see you around again, Hilwo. ;)
Thanks Rebel :D

Edit: I can't get it to run, it's telling me to insert the cd. Yeah, that's not possible for me, no disc drive :razz: I already have a hard drive install. What am I doing wrong?

Edit 2: Grabbed an ISO, sounded easy enough to use on Windows 10. Except that now I get a fatal error :razz:
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Hilwo wrote:
Rebel wrote: Nice to see you around again, Hilwo. ;)
Thanks Rebel :D

Edit: I can't get it to run, it's telling me to insert the cd. Yeah, that's not possible for me, no disc drive :razz: I already have a hard drive install. What am I doing wrong?

Edit 2: Grabbed an ISO, sounded easy enough to use on Windows 10. Except that now I get a fatal error :razz:
Don't know why you'd get a fatal error since I have tested it on Windows 10, Hilwo. Try the CE_version on page 1. As far as the insert cd message, in the zip below is an executable that doesn't require atx"s old cd check.

*You could try to running the atx version in xp compatibility mode, but I never had to do that.
Attachments
TresComATX2_NV.zip
Anthology TresComAtx2_ no cd required executable
(935.28 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Rebel, the package uses the ATX for CD check, which BigRed did remove from the demo exe in the end. You could in the next package use that. I didn't need a CD or have any issues on my Windows 10 (latest updates). I have still yet to play it though. I only went in-game to take an image for the download thumbnail and news post. :)
I am so used to CE and it having good performance I forgot how laggy levels could be in the ATX/vanilla version. XD
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

tatu wrote:Rebel, the package uses the ATX for CD check, which BigRed did remove from the demo exe in the end. You could in the next package use that. I didn't need a CD or have any issues on my Windows 10 (latest updates). I have still yet to play it though. I only went in-game to take an image for the download thumbnail and news post. :)
I am so used to CE and it having good performance I forgot how laggy levels could be in the ATX/vanilla version. XD
I honestly even forgot about atx's cd check, tatu. Everything seems so long ago! At any rate, the executable I posted above will be the one I include in any future release, but if anyone needs it in the interim it's there for them. You could probably post up the CE version of the Anthology when you get the chance (and put the link in the same levels download listing as that of the atx package) since some people probably do prefer CE over ATX. There are a few things missing from CE such as the dilo spitting and maybe a few other things, but that'd be considered minor for those who do prefer to play under the CE environment. The link for the CE version is on the 1st page -
tatu

Post by tatu »

Rebel wrote:
tatu wrote:Rebel, the package uses the ATX for CD check, which BigRed did remove from the demo exe in the end. You could in the next package use that. I didn't need a CD or have any issues on my Windows 10 (latest updates). I have still yet to play it though. I only went in-game to take an image for the download thumbnail and news post. :)
I honestly even forgot about atx's cd check, tatu. Everything seems so long ago! At any rate, the executable I posted above will be the one I include in any future release, but if anyone needs it in the interim it's there for them. You could probably post up the CE version of the Anthology when you get the chance (and put the link in the same levels download listing as that of the atx package) since some people probably do prefer CE over ATX. There are a few things missing from CE such as the dilo spitting and maybe a few other things, but that'd be considered minor for those who do prefer to play under the CE environment. The link for the CE version is on the 1st page -
I could do that. I'd rather see someone to properly port it to CE instead. Otherwise I feel like it is just a cheap port. I don't think it would require too much "fixes". It might just be time consuming to test so it works properly in CE. :P

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

TheIdiot created the CE package, tatu, all I did was replace the tpa files inside of his package since originally they were missing a bunch of sounds. As far as I know it is properly done. That's why I posted it on page 1. Why, is there something wrong with it? I remember testing it, as far as I could tell everything was right with it. Oh unless you mean I should replace the trescom.tpa file with the one that was missing the gas mask sound, is that what you mean?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Rebel wrote:TheIdiot created the CE package, tatu, all I did was replace the tpa files inside of his package since originally they were missing a bunch of sounds. As far as I know it is properly done. That's why I posted it on page 1. Why, is there something wrong with it? I remember testing it, as far as I could tell everything was right with it. Oh unless you mean I should replace the trescom.tpa file with the one that was missing the gas mask sound, is that what you mean?
I mean if stuff is missing like the dilo spitting, I'd rather see someone somehow fix it for a CE version :P

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I mean if stuff is missing like the dilo spitting, I'd rather see someone somehow fix it for a CE version
Oh, well that's not doable, tatu. Lee never implemented that atx action.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Rebel wrote:
I mean if stuff is missing like the dilo spitting, I'd rather see someone somehow fix it for a CE version
Oh that sucks!

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

tatu wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Oh that sucks!
Ya, it does. But the link to the updated anthology_ce is below. I replaced the trescom.tpa file that was missing a sound along
with tc-isle's.grf fix. I'm going to change the link on page one as well to point to the updated ce package -

TRESCOM_ ANTHOLOGY_A_CE: https://www.mediafire.com/file/nsr8ji55 ... CE.7z/file
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I think there's an alternate way for the spitter to work on CE... which requires a new script.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Rebel wrote:As far as the insert cd message, in the zip below is an executable that doesn't require atx"s old cd check.
Thanks Rebel, that did the trick! :)