Is there any clues to where the white card is hidden?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

HackFraud
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Antispam: No

Is there any clues to where the white card is hidden?

Post by HackFraud »

This "puzzle" gets me every-time, I always just end up looking it up. It has me wondering, however, if there is some hint that I'm missing that lets you know to look behind the rock or if your just supposed to guess.
codemuk3y
Triceratops
Triceratops

Re: Is there any clues to where the white card is hidden?

Post by codemuk3y »

There is a picture upstairs in Hammonds house of the Big Dipper with one star circled.

The rocks are in the shape of the Big Dipper and the same rock that lines up with the circled star is the rock where the white card is.
TPass259.jpg
TPass259.jpg (70.71 KiB) Viewed 15393 times
TPass260.jpg
TPass260.jpg (82.6 KiB) Viewed 15393 times
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants" Isaac Newton
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

It is not the most intuitive of clues, you have to go up the broken staircase, see the poster, to then go back down, grab the keycard, and finally go back up to the broken staircase. It wouldn't be so bad if the staircase wasn't broken or if the crates were harder to move, but ideally, the clue should have been on the first floor so you don't have to backtrack.
codemuk3y
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by codemuk3y »

I guess the problem with the clue being on the bottom floor was that you wouldn't be able to look down on the rocks and see that they form the constellation
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants" Isaac Newton
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

That's true. I suppose the best option would have been if the front door was unlocked and the stairs were intact.

On a related note, I think the circled star is Lambda Draconis, the tip of the tail of the constellation Draco. I wonder if that was intentional.
HackFraud
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by HackFraud »

codemuk3y wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:25 pm There is a picture upstairs in Hammonds house of the Big Dipper with one star circled.

The rocks are in the shape of the Big Dipper and the same rock that lines up with the circled star is the rock where the white card is.

TPass259.jpg

TPass260.jpg
Man I would have never figured that out in a million years. The poster is clear as day, but I never connected the two. Thanks for shining a light on something that seemed completely random.
codemuk3y
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by codemuk3y »

Nick3069 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:52 pm That's true. I suppose the best option would have been if the front door was unlocked and the stairs were intact.

On a related note, I think the circled star is Lambda Draconis, the tip of the tail of the constellation Draco. I wonder if that was intentional.
That is the perfect nerdy thing to put into a game
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

It made more sense to me when the circled star still represented a rock that the keycard was hidden under (like in build 96).
It does seem kind of random that it's just lying there in the open. But hey, Trespasser physics and all.
codemuk3y
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by codemuk3y »

HackFraud wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:56 pm Man I would have never figured that out in a million years. The poster is clear as day, but I never connected the two. Thanks for shining a light on something that seemed completely random.
If I recall correctly, when me and my friend were playing it in the 90's, we got stuck on the town level and put the game away for a few years. I'm trying to remember but I think this was one of the puzzles we couldn't solve and that's why it got shelved. It was this, or we didn't realise how to open Wu's gate by pressing the button.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

codemuk3y wrote:If I recall correctly, when me and my friend were playing it in the 90's, we got stuck on the town level and put the game away for a few years. I'm trying to remember but I think this was one of the puzzles we couldn't solve and that's why it got shelved. It was this, or we didn't realise how to open Wu's gate by pressing the button.
I don't remember how/if I found the white keycard on my own in my first playthrough. I do remember I hopped Wu's fence by stacking some crates :razz:
codemuk3y
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by codemuk3y »

We weren't even smart enough to do that 😂

We were only around 10 at the time though
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

I didn't knew about the white keycard location until I found TresCom. I also had no clue on how to unlock Wu's gate. So I stacked crates to get into Wu's house, get the red card, and then pressed myself between the door and wall to get into Hammond's office. Oh man, great memories!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nick3069 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:52 pmOn a related note, I think the circled star is Lambda Draconis, the tip of the tail of the constellation Draco. I wonder if that was intentional.
Whoa I did not know that. That's neat.

It's a pretty nice puzzle. I still like that InGen has an Astronomy division.