Some more old articles

Found articles relating to Trespasser

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Some more old articles

Post by Draconisaurus »

tatu wrote:From Next Generation #34 October 1997
Whooooaaaaa whaaat the Hell image is this? An early PV perhaps? An old AS level? Anyway it appears to be from a development stage before they had a reasonable estimation of the engine's limits... The perfectly regular square terrain mesh looks like the old PV Max Scene image, though it could just as easily be AS. Anyway, around that time during development. Possibly the PV Max Scene images we have, were at a time when some foliage was placed, but not made visible in the scene at the time of the screenshots.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
And uhhhh. The caption under that pterosaur says this:
Pterosaurs will also be at Trespasser. Attacks from the air are therefore not uncommon.
Duhhh??? That model, is not the Dimorphodon - the only flying creature I've seen in TLW for PS1 so far. I think it really is an old Tres model, that's nuts!!!

Hmmm. The Raptor, in the classic Pine environ, appears to be the female Raptor from that one concept image, a rare thing indeed. The hunter hand concept art is also a larger image, I think, than we've had previously. We really need to make an updated image collection somewhere, the one on my comp is incomplete as well...

Hmmm...... That image of the two raptors in a plain. The text reads:
This concept study shows two raptors hunting for possible victims. How this scene is integrated into the game is not yet clear.
Heh, more like "Why this scene was not integrated into the game, is because the level's name was to begin with "P".", :lol: 'Nyways THIS is yet another totally new piece of concept art, from some unidentified phase... Huh um, for some reason I can't upload attachments in this thread? Anyway it looks like the Brown Raptor skin on the old high-poly Raptor model.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:
tatu wrote:From Next Generation #34 October 1997
Whooooaaaaa whaaat the Hell image is this? An early PV perhaps? An old AS level?
Impressive, isn't it? I was looking at it yesterday, too. Could get a larger image:

https://ia800108.us.archive.org/BookRea ... 2&rotate=0
Anyway it appears to be from a development stage before they had a reasonable estimation of the engine's limits... The perfectly regular square terrain mesh looks like the old PV Max Scene image, though it could just as easily be AS. Anyway, around that time during development. Possibly the PV Max Scene images we have, were at a time when some foliage was placed, but not made visible in the scene at the time of the screenshots.
Not sure if it was PV or a custom level used for those shots I was speaking about...
Click on Image
And uhhhh. The caption under that pterosaur says this:
Pterosaurs will also be at Trespasser. Attacks from the air are therefore not uncommon.
Duhhh??? That model, is not the Dimorphodon - the only flying creature I've seen in TLW for PS1 so far. I think it really is an old Tres model, that's nuts!!!
Nah, I've seen it in another article about the PS game... let me try to find it again.

EDIT: here it is:
https://archive.org/details/jurassicpar ... assic+park
Hmmm. The Raptor, in the classic Pine environ, appears to be the female Raptor from that one concept image, a rare thing indeed. The hunter hand concept art is also a larger image, I think, than we've had previously. We really need to make an updated image collection somewhere, the one on my comp is incomplete as well...

Hmmm...... That image of the two raptors in a plain. The text reads:
This concept study shows two raptors hunting for possible victims. How this scene is integrated into the game is not yet clear.
Heh, more like "Why this scene was not integrated into the game, is because the level's name was to begin with "P".", :lol: 'Nyways THIS is yet another totally new piece of concept art, from some unidentified phase... Huh um, for some reason I can't upload attachments in this thread? Anyway it looks like the Brown Raptor skin on the old high-poly Raptor model.
Here's a couple other scans which I'm not sure we have:
PCPowerplay-020-1998-01_0105.jpg
PCPowerplay-020-1998-01_0105.jpg (318.06 KiB) Viewed 7128 times
PCPowerplay-020-1998-01_0106.jpg
PCPowerplay-020-1998-01_0106.jpg (394.08 KiB) Viewed 7128 times
The interesting part here is the story, rather than the pictures... the article can be found here:
https://archive.org/details/PCPowerplay ... assic+park
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Whooooaaaaa whaaat the Hell image is this? An early PV perhaps? An old AS level? Anyway it appears to be from a development stage before they had a reasonable estimation of the engine's limits...
Due to the amount of objects, it might not be part of a level but rather just a typical marketing image.
Nah, I've seen it in another article about the PS game... let me try to find it again.
I see machf already found it. I also now see that it contain the raptor that is used in several Trespasser images.
Impressive, isn't it? I was looking at it yesterday, too. Could get a larger image:
Cool. I guess I grabbed it from another scan that was not as high resolution.
Here's a couple other scans which I'm not sure we have:
Oh nice. It does not appear we have it. Will add it this weekend.
Have these been found before?
I know I've found the Reset magazine before, but it does not appear I've uploaded it.

I also know I've seen that PC Gamer one. I don't appear to have uploaded that one either. Thanks!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
tatu

Post by tatu »

I searched for "Trespaser" and "Tresspasser" and "Tresspaser" as well, as I thought it might be worth looking for misspelling. I just found one interesting article. It's a review from April 1999 but it does contain one early LAB image of the showers in the LAB. This is pre-96 as it contain the handles. It might be from Build 55's LAB. I am unsure about the images of the BioTech building itself as the area is much the same in those images in 55 and 96.
Click on Image
Click on Image
Click on Image

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Those are all early images, some from the old Dreamworks Trespasser site...
tatu

Post by tatu »

One of these day I plan on going through the articles we have just to try to make a timeline of when the various images appears for the first time. Only to get some sense of when the images was created and if they could relate to a build we have. One thing I am almost certain of right now is that the early Summit images we have, are from the level in Build 55. It might not be specifically from Build 55, but the same version.

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sooo that Raptor, that we're saying is from TLW for PS1. I guess you guys are right :| Thought it was this guy -
raptors.jpg
raptors.jpg (47.18 KiB) Viewed 7104 times
Why on Sorna would they photoshop a PS1 Raptor into a Tres concept art for something official? Did the magazine people do that? Or maybe, because it was Dreamworks, and they didn't care as much back then...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I don't think it's photoshopped, but rather, that in the beginning they used the PS1 meshes (after all, they were developing that game for the PS at Dreamworks, too) on the Trespasser terrain when they still had no "official" dinosaurs for it...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

How interesting.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Here's a little discovery.
This image:
https://www.trescom.org/wp-content/uplo ... ug1998.png
Is actually originally a Lost World image:
https://archive.org/details/jurassicpar ... 1/mode/2up

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Used to have a kids' pop-up book with that exact same image, if I remember correctly! :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Cool. That raptor hand sticking up on the right may be the JP/// one that SI kept pointing out years ago as re-used for the different raptor versions.