TPA file query

Discuss and analyze Bill Brown’s score for Trespasser.

Moderators: scallenger, TresCom Board Managers

Mick B 947
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

TPA file query

Post by Mick B 947 »

Hi ppl,

Hope you're all good.

Does any1 kno which block in the stream.tpa file has the recorded message that plays when Anne attempts 2 use a phone in the retail version of the game? Is it even in the stream.tpa file as I suspect it could also have been stored in another .tpa file.

It starts in English and then trails off into Spanish as follows, "The... is temporarily unattended. Please contact your supervisor..."

P.S. I've been an avid visitor to this site since at least 2002. It has aided me tremendously well in my world of trespassing over the past 15 odd years. I had an account from 2012 to 2015 but never posted anything with it so that account was deleted. No matter, I did anyhow renew myself with a new account in 2016 just as fervent a fan as I have ever been.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: TPA file query

Post by Rebel »

Well, nice to hear from ya. ;) Anyways, I'm fairly certain that's in the effects.tpa file and not
the stream. SPEC TOUR GUIDE, or something like that. I'm sorry, but I don't remember the
actual sample # (or block as you referred to it as). I would assume though it's probably near
the end of the entries. You can flip through them or move the slider to varied positions with-
in the tpa files if you use tpa player.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

No, "SPEC-TOUR GUIDE" is the one found in Effects.tpa and also in the demo, the one that starts something like "Welcome... for centuries, mankind..." and then goes "wahwah"...
The one he means is "SPEC-PHONE OPERATOR" and it's in Stream.tpa, yes. Look at the corresponding listing (links are on my signature) to find the specifics.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome, to Jurassipasser.

Out of curiosity what are you seeking this audio file for?
Mick B 947
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Mick B 947 »

Was just tryna correlate the sound listing database entries with the actual physically spoken quotes. This one however, I just couldn't locate. I have now located it thanks entirely to your help.

Just 1 question, the following link 2 download the TPA player seems to be inoperable. Is the server down indefinitely?

http://www.trescom.org/download/downloa ... _setup.zip

Thanks guys for the all the warm welcomes and in conclusively helping me with my first post on this forum!
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Mick B 947 wrote:Was just tryna correlate the sound listing database entries with the actual physically spoken quotes. This one however, I just couldn't locate. I have now located it thanks entirely to your help.

Just 1 question, the following link 2 download the TPA player seems to be inoperable. Is the server down indefinitely?

http://www.trescom.org/download/downloa ... _setup.zip

Thanks guys for the all the warm welcomes and in conclusively helping me with my first post on this forum!

You can download the player from inside the programming boards too, Mick. Try that link; besides 4050 is an older version as the newest is 4090.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I guess the download link wasn't updated after uploading the file or something...?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

I've updated the news post to include the latest, thanks Mick! http://www.trescom.org/download/downloa ... _setup.zip
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Mick B 947
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Mick B 947 »

No problem!