Error when converting files to TPM

FAQ and tutorials on how to mod Trespasser. For viewing only.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Error when converting files to TPM

Post by machf »

When loading a level in TresEd, make sure you set all options to maximum.

Other issues probably have to do with lighting and similar parameters. Take a look at the t-scripts from existing dinosaurs and copy those for your mesh before importing it...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Tormer
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Tormer »

It's fixed. I set all options at maximum in TresEd and gallimimus looks properly as well as his shade. Thanks, machf!
" Somewhere on this island is the greatest predator there ever lived. The second greatest predator must take him down..."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Only skimmed the text here but it looks like you are putting a new dinosaur into Tres using TPDC? That's great! Very few people have managed. Rebel and machf were the most helpful to me when attempting to do this myself. A number of hurdles to go through but it does work in the end. Also helpful to view other dinosaurs in TPDC and see how they are rigged. "Paradeinonychus" is the custom dinosaur I finished.