How to put new textures in a terrain with TresEd?

FAQ and tutorials on how to mod Trespasser. For viewing only.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: How to put new textures in a terrain with TresEd?

Post by tatu »

That would be the "GlobalClut-00" and "Start_Fog-00" triggers. Unsure if you have those imported, but they are among the stuff Shell Generator have.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Tormer
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Tormer »

tatu wrote:That would be the "GlobalClut-00" and "Start_Fog-00" triggers. Unsure if you have those imported, but they are among the stuff Shell Generator have.
No, i don't have these ones. Where can i get them?
" Somewhere on this island is the greatest predator there ever lived. The second greatest predator must take him down..."
tatu

Post by tatu »

Tormer wrote:
tatu wrote:That would be the "GlobalClut-00" and "Start_Fog-00" triggers. Unsure if you have those imported, but they are among the stuff Shell Generator have.
No, i don't have these ones. Where can i get them?
Just search one of these words in any retail level. There will be about 5 triggers (one is not a trigger without a texture). These are StartTriggers that effects various things in the level :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

As a hint, go to a level you can see ingame has the environmental settings you're looking for. Then search for the word "Start" to find some diamond-shaped triggers, and go from there.

For scripted traps, that can be complicated, but if you are careful with importing and searching every object of every class in the original area, you can eventually get it from that. Sometimes triggers have to be searched for a bit.
Tormer
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Tormer »

So, i ported "GlobalClut-00" and "Start_Fog-00" triggers to my map. Edited the int R, G, B values and the colours didn't changed in TresEd. Any idea about what lines should i edit to get a custom colour?
" Somewhere on this island is the greatest predator there ever lived. The second greatest predator must take him down..."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hmmm, unless you're using Tres CE (I think), Trespasser has a bug where the fog doesn't use the color set in the triggers but the default instead, unless you do something like pausing the game temporarily to switch to the desktop and then back again to resume the game...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

Tormer wrote:So, i ported "GlobalClut-00" and "Start_Fog-00" triggers to my map. Edited the int R, G, B values and the colours didn't changed in TresEd. Any idea about what lines should i edit to get a custom colour?
Does it change in-game? I think someone like Draco has good experience in having different colours in levels. I don't really know what to change to make it show in TresEd, but I know it can happen.

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Tormer wrote:So, i ported "GlobalClut-00" and "Start_Fog-00" triggers to my map. Edited the int R, G, B values and the colours didn't changed in TresEd. Any idea about what lines should i edit to get a custom colour?
TresEd doesn't seem to show the correct fog colour. I've got yellow fog in my own level that shows up as purple in TresEd. No idea why this is, though it seems that the more radically you alter the colour away from white results in TresEd's colours being less accurate. However as tatu said, it should look right in-game, provided you're using CE, so looking at it in-game is the best way to determine whether it looks the way you want it or not.
machf pointed out that the fog colour doesn't change in retail Tres or ATX without alt-tabbing - you can get around that using one of the function of ATX's .ini file if I remember correctly, though I think it overrides the fog colour of EVERY level. I belive JPDS and East Dock make use of this setting. Otherwise the fog colour always affects the next level rather than the one it's meant to (hence the fact that you can load the "DemoNight" level, exit to the main menu, and then load a different level and suddenly it's night!).
Tormer
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Tormer »

I use Trespasser CE to try my levels. Tried my map with custom skyline colour and works! just put int R with 255, the others are 0 value. But now the problem is that everything in map has the same colour that i made by editing the Trig_BEGlobalClut-00, START_GlobalClut, Trig_BEStart_Fog-00, START_Fog. It is ok that i modified these 4?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Yeah it is fine to edit those triggers. Of course you need to re-edit them until you get the result you want. :)

Tormer
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Tormer »

Good, i solved it. Regarding to the sounds for the map ambience, how do i put them in maps? and how can i add random sounds too like a distant dino roar or birds?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Tormer wrote:Good, i solved it. Regarding to the sounds for the map ambience, how do i put them in maps? and how can i add random sounds too like a distant dino roar or birds?
Take a look at any retail level, like IJ. It got several Ambient triggers across the level that does it. :)

Tormer
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Tormer »

Good. I added ambient sounds and the random ones too. By the way, how can i make an end level/ connection with next level in a map? i mean, the place where you need to be to finish the current level and pass to the next one.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Tormer wrote:Good. I added ambient sounds and the random ones too. By the way, how can i make an end level/ connection with next level in a map? i mean, the place where you need to be to finish the current level and pass to the next one.
See for example "Trig_LevelIJ-00" in IJ on how to make/use an end level trigger!

Tormer
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Tormer »

Great! i figured out how to do that.