TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:16 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:49 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Tormer wrote:
Thanks!
By the way, i added a raptor with TresEd but seems that this dino isn't active if i'm far. When i test the map, i need to be closer to the raptor to make it react and chase me. I wonder if i'm doing something wrong... and what can i do to make the raptor more active from far distance?

That's perfectly normal. The CAnimals (aka dinosaurs) have "WakeUp" and "Sleep" values in their T-Scripts, which you can view by double-clicking on any object. The higher your WakeUp value, the further you can be from the dinosaur before it "wakes up", or becomes active, when the player approaches it - the Sleep value is the distance at which the dinosaur will stop being active. So if we have a dinosaur with this in the T-Script:
Code:
float WakeUp = 50.0
float Sleep = 60.0

The dinosaur's AI will activate from 50 meters away from the player, and de-activate when the dinosaur is 60 meters away.

See machf's T-script reference (General Script Classes -> CAnimal) for more detail: https://www.trescom.org/files/docs/tscript.html

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:15 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

I wouldn't recommend setting the WakeUp and Sleep values to the same distance... Sleep should always be a larger value. The lowest the WakeUp value, the closest you have to be to the dinosaur for it to wake up, and the higher the Sleep value, the farthest you must get from it in order for it to get asleep again and lose interest in you...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:07 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

That's great to know!
And now it Works. The Raptors are looking around when they are far. But the problem that i have is that, when i get killed, i can't restart the level i created. Even, when i go back to main menu and i choose the level again, i can't play because i'm fallen and the raptors are eating Anne body.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:01 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Yes, that's a problem generated by TresEd, since it was made before the file formats were fully understood ("close but no cigar"). To fix that, you need to load the level inside GUIapp, re-generate terrain partitions, and resave the level's .SCN file.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:35 am 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Worked, Thanks Machf!
I wonder how can i make that the raptors walk around when they're far. I put the wake and sleep script but i would like to make them walk and growl too besides of standing and looking around...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:21 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Try adding ActWander. Also there is a "float Curiosity = #.###" value you might try playing with.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:26 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Tried it! thanks.
Now, i am messing with map objects and noticed that there are subobjects inside them which add "hitbox" / "solid" effect for such objects. Is it possible to create these subobjects with TresEd or i have to create them in another program like Blender?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:56 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Tormer wrote:
Tried it! thanks.
Now, i am messing with map objects and noticed that there are subobjects inside them which add "hitbox" / "solid" effect for such objects. Is it possible to create these subobjects with TresEd or i have to create them in another program like Blender?

You can use a 3D modelling program to create your own, or just copy those subobjects and use them for other meshes (i.e. the cheap and easy way). In the case that you make your own, the pivot point for the mesh MUST be centred, and the object must be rectangular. Depending on the CInstance, the subobjects will be attached via the T-script to the mesh - in which case they will have a "$" at the beginning of their name - or simply static and placed appropriately around the object (usually used for larger objects since there is a limit of how many subobjects you can attach to a CInstance) - these objects' names typically begin with "F". If the subobjects are attached via T-script, any copies of the base Instance that you create will automatically be given subobjects, otherwise you must copy the physics meshes manually each time you copy the object.
Hopefully that makes sense.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:22 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

If i make a new subobject, should they have a texture too?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:55 pm 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Tormer wrote:
If i make a new subobject, should they have a texture too?

That isn't necessary, Tormer. I do it simply to help navigate through buildings and other things like that while using TresEd, but it has no bearing on the game itself.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:51 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Ok!
Somebody could explain how to use the trap triggers? I am testing a trigger to activate traps. Just ported to my map the mayan head that falls in stairs but for some reason the trap is not activated. I wopuld need more info about how the triggers work...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:23 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

It's using either a collision trigger (when Anne's foot hits a certain object on the floor, maybe) or a location trigger (when Anne enters a defined volume), then either some magnet holding an object is broken or the object which was frozen in palce becomes unforzen or a push is applied to that object...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:38 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

good. I don't remember if i have asked this before, but i would like to know how to make water and place it in terrain. Also, how do you add a new texture to such water?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:11 pm 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Tormer wrote:
good. I don't remember if i have asked this before, but i would like to know how to make water and place it in terrain. Also, how do you add a new texture to such water?

It depends on the water you are talking about. If you mean ponds, they are flat trigger objects. See something like the pond at the Brachi in BE, or the several ones in IJ.
As for ocean, they are also just flat objects with a texture on it, and then a script to make it move. :)

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:15 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Excellent, i figured out. Thanks!
Regarding to the sky, how can i edit the skyline colour? as you see in the picture below, the blue sky doesn't fit with that light orange skyline...