|TresCom Level Installation Guide
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Rebel [ Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:30 pm ]|
|Post subject:||TresCom Level Installation Guide|
1. If you already have game installed, please uninstall game first.
Afterwards, restart computer.
2. Insert Trespasser Cd into Drive. Once Installation screen shows,
exit screen (Do not install!)
3. From Desktop, go to My Computer. Enter Local Drive [C]. Create
folder named; tres cd (space included). DataPath: C:\tres cd\
4. Before commencing the copyng of the cd, please be certain that
the option of 'view hidden files' is checked. (From window, choose
tools, options, then view. Check box 'view hidden files'.
5. From Desktop, go to My Computer. Right Click on Trespasser
Icon. From DropDown Menu choose 'Explore'. Inside this window
you will see the entire contents of the Trespasser CD. Draw box,
(Mouse Button) around all files. Right Click and choose 'copy'
*Please be certain that you see a file named; EaHelp.GID here. It
will appear semi-transparent. This is the hidden file --
6. Return to the newly created file, 'tres cd' and open. Right Click
and choose 'paste'. This will copy the entire contents on the CD
onto your harddrive into the tres cd folder.
7. Once Cd copying is complete, remove the Trespasser cd from
its drive. Very Important! Put away in safe location; you will no
longer be needing it.
8. Go into tres cd/setup folder, install from there by clicking on
the icon labeled 'setup95'
*If you are running XP and Installation doesn't go smoothly, or
Trespasser crashes, try installing the game under win95 compa-
Right click on the setup.exe file. Select preferences, then choose
compatibility. Select Win 95 From DropDown Menu. Further XP
Information can be found here
9. Follow Trespasser's onscreen installation instructions.
10. Download TresCom Level.
11. Before running installer, run the password protection soft-
ware, 'tresword'. This will generate a password which needs to
be entered into the installer when prompted, so write it down!
12. Click on Second Icon 'TC-Setup'. Enter password when ask-
ed to do so. Default installation paths are preset to C:\tres cd\
which is your newly created folder.
13. Installation may take several minutes as files are placed on-
to your harddrive and the audio file (stream.tpa) is updated. So,
try to be patient.
14. Installation complete. To access level, bring up menu cheat
(main window of Trespasser, Shift+Ctrl+Q+W-W) and select the
*Access Trespasser from either the program menu shortcuts on
Desktop or from the Trespasser Dino Icon from inside the dream-
works' trespasser folder in program files. Do not use the CD!
15. Once level is tested and loaded properly, we suggest down-
loading and installing the tc.level patch. This will improve overall
It has been reported that if you have the large patch installed, it
may be necessary to move a copy of the level files; tc.grf, tc.scn,
tc-130.pid, tc-130.swp and tc.wtd into the patch directory.
(The above may pertain to other fan levels as well)
If you chose 'maximium install during setup, it may be necessary
to place a copy of the stream.tpa file, (found inside the tres cd
/data folder) into the dreamworks/trespasser folder to replace
the stream tpa file already there, as that copy is not updated
during tc.level installation.
Instructions numbered 1 thru 9 are general and are required
to play any fan level since a harddrive installation of the game
is needed to enjoy any of newer levels.
Thanks, Tres Ops Team
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group