Any chance Trespasser runs on Linux for PSP?

A discussion and "how to" of running Trespasser under the Linux operating system. You do not have to be registered for posting in this forum!

Moderators: scallenger, Dapper Dan, TresCom Support Team

demoniovader

Any chance Trespasser runs on Linux for PSP?

Post by demoniovader »

This is just a wacky idea, i heard rumors of a Linux for playstation protable, i thought maybe someone who knows about this linux stuff may have an answer to a posible Trespasser for PSP... is it too stupid?
the ARK
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by the ARK »

Could a PSP handle Tres? You might have to figure out a way to get it onto the PSP, which would probably prove difficult. If we could, awesome.
This is truly one of the most disappointing moments in gaming history. Gamers are being reduced to digging through the game's installed files to discover what was supposed to happen in the game they just bought.
demoniovader

Post by demoniovader »

A memory stick possibly...(?) Trespasser Portable would rock!
TyrannosaurusMatt
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TyrannosaurusMatt »

Controlling it would be a bugga but it would be a good idea. :yes:
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

We'd have to change it....how would you control the arm?
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
demoniovader
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Location: Merida, yucatan, Mexico, 30 Km off the Chicxulub Crater

Post by demoniovader »

What do you think?

Post by Guest »

Any linux/psp expert with a possible answer to this question? any suggestion, new problems we could face? Speculations/brainstorming?
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

well for a month, there should be a psp expert, wasent released long ago in the uk.
i never thought it waould be possible without recoding the game.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

demoniovader wrote:What do you think?

Interesting.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
demoniovader
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by demoniovader »

- I guess that configuration could work... Does anybody use the walk feature while on the game or usually runs?

- I have some news on the Linux stuff for the psp... I have absolutely no idea how this linux works, i understand its a custom built operating system, but dont know far from that. Anyways, apparently it is possible to run Linux on PSP, thou its a bit slow right now. Windows 95 is also running kind of slow but people are trying to make it work under the 3d processor of the psp. Psp updates are making their way fast, you've probably heard that. The big problem of the linux and i assume also of the windows, is that there's no keyboard feature so on linux you cant log on or something. Here's a link for detailed info!

http://www.hacker.co.il/psp/bochs/
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

In software mode, Trespasser runs perfectly under Linux using Cedega. If he gets P2P living together nicely with Windows 95 or Linux, then either would be the way to go. Don't know about Windows 95, but I can vouch that Trespasser is a little finicky to install under Linux, but once it's up and going, it is extremely stable. (By the way, it's impossible to crash TresEd under Linux.)

Can't help with Windows 95, but I can say unabashedly that I'm the world's formost authority on running Trespasser under Linux...

Google

:)
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
demoniovader
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by demoniovader »

Cool Dan! Well then I guess its just a matter of time and a bit of luck for the Linux to work properly on the PSP. Theorically if linux works perfect for the PSP, then Trespasser should do too, right?
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

Once Linux works reasonably well on P2P, I cannot see any reason Trespasser wil not work to satisfaction using Cedega.
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
demoniovader
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by demoniovader »

What's Cedega? Any webpage with the info? I'd like to know about that. Hey dan, im sorry i dont understand that well english, but you say you are well familiar of trespasser running on linux, did i get it right?
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Dan is a Trespasser on Linux master. Any questions about getting Trespasser to run on Linux should be directed to him :D