missing tres ops folder!

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

EDGE699
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

missing tres ops folder!

Post by EDGE699 »

well i downloaded it to the D drive hardrive program files extracted it read what to do it says move stream TPA to TC sound folder I whent to do it and it wasn`t there I then searched the whole computer no results I have no patches to the game whatsoever do I need a specific patch for the folder? help please
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: missing tres ops folder!

Post by Rebel »

Well, if I recall MadPpiper put the installer together for that level, but in any event even if you couldn't update the tpa, that still wouldn't prevent you from opening up the level, you'd just be missing a few sounds. Did you find the tc_testzone level files? If so, where were they?
EDGE699
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by EDGE699 »

ya i found the tc test level levels but i do not no where to put tc test level or tres ops level act 1 final they are both on hard drive D
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

They go inside the tres cd/data folder, which is where all the original level files (.grfs, scns etc) should be. If the original level files are not on your harddrive, then you've installed the game incorrectly. Meaning, if you hadn't copied the entire cd onto your harddrive (including the hidden file) and into a folder labeled 'tres cd', removed the cd and then installed from there, you must do so in order to play fan levels.

Please check the f.a.q. section for 'Trespasser Harddrive Installation' if you have not done any of the above. The thread will give you the procedure step by step. ;)

Your other option would be the Trespass Demo. Throw the tc level files inside that data folder, replacing all tpa files with retail versions.
EDGE699
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by EDGE699 »

ok I have insatalled trespasser on my hardrive using your tutorial (THANK YOU BTW :D)but lost the maps so ima redownload EDITED about 5-10 mins later it ...WORKS THANK U SO MUCH :) :D :mrgreen: :!: YA IMA GO PLAY IT