Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Re: Help with Tres Ops Level please

Post by Shadow Wolf »

I'm afraid I agree with Drac, your best bet lies with with one of the more knowlagable members like Machf, btw feel free to add me on IM (sorry in advance for my msn address if you do (long story))
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Sorry... I just remember the TC Ops level was a nightmare to install. I just keep a copy of the (extracted) files on a CD in case I need to reinstall it (or rather, so that I don't have to reinstall it, just copy the files).

About ATX, the TC Ops level doesn't work with it unless you apply the patch I made for it.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmm... wait. I kinda think I made a new thing for the TC Ops Final level. I believe it's on the TresCom Mirror, in TheGuy's signature;
don't have the link handy.. It has the 5 level files and an additive TPA file, to use instead of modding your retail files.. this would require ATX.
THEL1NK1N2
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by THEL1NK1N2 »

machf wrote:Sorry... I just remember the TC Ops level was a nightmare to install. I just keep a copy of the (extracted) files on a CD in case I need to reinstall it (or rather, so that I don't have to reinstall it, just copy the files).

About ATX, the TC Ops level doesn't work with it unless you apply the patch I made for it.
machf. I do not have ATX, I was only wondering whether I need it in order for the level to work. :)
Now, that I know I don't need it, guess it's back to square one with my problem.... :oops:
THEL1NK1N2
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by THEL1NK1N2 »

Hey, just want to inform everyone that somehow, I managed to solve my eternal battle with
the Quickload patch and the TresCom Ops Level 1 final.(Both had the searching for software feature)
I am however, not certain how I managed to get it to work. With the odds not in my favour,
I just tried again, knowing, that it wouldn't work. Like always it searched for minutes until I tried to
end my suffering by pressing "abort". It worked. A new window came up and I watched in surprise
as it updated the necessary folders. Anyway I thought I would just post it to produce a nice happy ending
to this thread... :D

NB: Great map. :D