TC Isle with ATX2 / JP books / Carnotaurus in Upcoming Level

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor
Antispam: No

Post by TheGuy »

Draconisaurus wrote:BTW, there is a carno in the pic that's not off to the left. It's hidden very well, just like in TLW book..
Where? Tell us!!! :cartman: :mrgreen:
ImageImage
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

Yeah, I think we've all suffered long enough. Where is the other Carno? I think I see some smeared-looking lines in the leaves at the top of the pic, but I can't make out a Carnotaurus. And I agree with Nick3069; re-upload XmasGift. I'm new here and I never got to play it :cry: !
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

XmasGift wasn't really a playable level, it was meant just as a way to release a few dinosaurs...

And I don't think you'll be told where the Carno is, as that would spoil the level upon release... you'll just have to keep your eyes open for it once you play it.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

Yeah, I didn't think XmasGift was a real level. I assumed it was just an area with new dinos where you could run around and do stuff. I my assumption is right, I would still like to download it. Levels that aren't 'real levels' are still entertaining to me.

And you're right, machf. The fewer peeks you have at a level, the more enjoyable it is when you first play it. I guess we'll just have to wait for that Carno level, but hopefully not for too long.
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

machf wrote:And I don't think you'll be told where the Carno is...
Bah. :sick: :yum:
ImageImage
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

What would you say if I told you they are all hiding behind the wall?

If this was a stereo picture, you'd be able to see it... that's how recophotos are used to detect camouflaged vehicles.

And I'll see if I can upload XmasGift later, after I'm done with something else I'm doing.

UPDATE: OK, uploaded XmasGift again. Get it here.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Thank you very much, machf! :D This might even give me some ideas for the upcomming christmas level making contest. That contest is still comming, right, Draco?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hehe, yesh it is. Just thinking of it.. I will probably make the official announcement on November 1st, right after Halloween. I know of at least one person who plans to release something on October 31st...
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

I don't really like the Carno in XmasGift, no offence. I think it looks a bit too cartoonish, plus it uses only one texture which removes detail for it size.
Nice Spinos! I don't really like the textures, but still nice.

What's a "Nano"?

Please tell me, Draco, that your Spino in JPDS wont have those horrible growls!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Nick3069 wrote:I don't really like the Carno in XmasGift, no offence. I think it looks a bit too cartoonish, plus it uses only one texture which removes detail for it size.
Well, I didn't make the mesh... but as I understand it, hat's what it actually looked like, not like an idealized version, and anyway, SI has been modifying it later (as I already said, wait for the next release). As for the texture, there is a practical reason to make it a single one. There could be another release with split textures, though...

What's a "Nano"?
Nanotyrannus. Related to T. Rex (some say it may be just a juvenile individual).
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:As for the texture, there is a practical reason to make it a single one. There could be another release with split textures, though...
Yeah back that one up. :yum:
Don't worry Nick, the JPDS carno will be much better than that. The model was made by Ryan, btw, and I'm afraid that I'm not particularly fond of his modelling work, with a few exceptions (simply because they were designed well, like the Zapper).
Heheh, I kinda like the textures, but I wouldn't want them in a mod accurate to JP3. They're based off some paintings I think, which are pretty neat.. I believe this is one of them:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/fr ... detail.jpg

Ahhh, here is that guy's site!
http://www.marshalls-art.com/pages/ppaleo/paleo25.htm
Very nice stuff he does. And btw this is the other one of which I was thinking:
http://www.marshalls-art.com/pages/ppal ... saurus.htm
This one has rather the same feel - I just think a Tres level ever to look like this style of ancient environment would indeed be worth the new models required to bring it about. This spino would be the first step..
http://www.marshalls-art.com/pages/ppal ... cosaur.htm

EDIT: Actually, a Tres mod based on the novels could make nice use of that.. or else, a totally fictional story where you travel back in time..
What's a "Nano"?
Nanotyrannus. Related to T. Rex (some say it may be just a juvenile individual).
Hehe yeah, we have special plans for it. ;)
Haha, worry not! We're getting our sounds straight from JPOG, and possibly from the movie itself if I find it appropriate when the time comes... (Also, we won't be using any OG sounds that don't sound like the canon JP spino we're used to.)
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

The carno textures are based off of some TLW game or some kind of picture...

And you do know that there are only like six sounds for the spino from OG, so I had to make some more....
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lol SI, you made some more? We'll see about all that when we come to it.. it won't be an issue until JPDS2.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

well yeah I gave it some growls and pain sounds and stuff
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

LOL :lol: Wow! Actualy, there are more spino sound effects from JPOG you could have used, like: Spinograb.wav, Spinoshake.wav, and Spinoswallow.wav.
They are located in the ...data/sounds/dino/generic directory. You could have also used some of the generic LargeCarn sounds.
I guess growling in a mic is more original and fun to do. lol