TC Isle Errors & Dislikes

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Hey, I almost forgot about this review I wrote up for Tc Isle a while back.

http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... review.htm
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

This might be a bit of topic but... I realy dislike the ungly WW1-ish pistol found in Lost Jungle and in Dead Place, it only shoots like 10 feet and the back of the gun is the most untextured part of it, but is the part of the gun that you look the most at. Who made that gun?

P.S. If the creator of the gun feels offended, I'm sorry, it was not intentional.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

That was a Luger, right? IIRC, Draco mentioned realizing something about it after I found out the effect of scale in guns (I think it can be found in North Pole Chaos too).
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

machf wrote:That was a Luger, right?
Yes, that's the one, I hate it!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I have another one on my Armory test level. And a Mauser, too.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Is the TC Isle sniper based off a M1A Rifle?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1A_Rifle
Draco master
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: TC Isle Errors & Dislikes

Post by Draco master »

Is there a way to make the thing that goes boom not kill you? :P
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Draco master wrote:Is there a way to make the thing that goes boom not kill you? :P
Just as a note, I feel this post is the sort of pointless post seniors are getting mad at lately. But to address your question, yes it's very easy to do that in scripting, since it required scripting to do in the first place, but I can't think of a reason anyone would choose to do so. Also, there are two things that "go boom" - the exploding fuel barrel and the dinomite.
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Re:

Post by Shadow Wolf »

as this thread is active again I thought I might sneak in this:
machf wrote:That was a Luger, right? IIRC, Draco mentioned realizing something about it after I found out the effect of scale in guns (I think it can be found in North Pole Chaos too).
yup it can be found in north pole chaos, hmmm things that go bang... a little offtopic but are landmines possible?
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Re:

Post by Draconisaurus »

Shadow Wolf wrote:a little offtopic but are landmines possible?
Actually, they certainly are. A lot more possible than grenades, for example. It's a pretty simple job when the blast radius is fixed.. Now, when you have an idea for a Tres level that logically involves landmines, let me know. :lol:
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

:lol: you're talking to the main creative mind behind TresProject, we can discuss it sometime in the future via IM
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:
Draco master wrote:Is there a way to make the thing that goes boom not kill you? :P
Just as a note, I feel this post is the sort of pointless post seniors are getting mad at lately. But to address your question, yes it's very easy to do that in scripting, since it required scripting to do in the first place, but I can't think of a reason anyone would choose to do so. Also, there are two things that "go boom" - the exploding fuel barrel and the dinomite.
I think what he meant was if it was possible to go past that part of the level - he's probably getting killed by the explosion of the dynamite in the tunnel. To answer that, yes, it is, just hide behind the tunnel wall before detonating the explosives. If possible, duck too.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmm yeah, actually I came home and started talking to him in messenger after that. He was shooting at it to blow it up, a scenario in which you die no matter what, and later he found the battery. Speaking of which, I swear that the other day I brought both batteries to the spot where it goes and neither would activate the event this time..
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:Hmmm yeah, actually I came home and started talking to him in messenger after that. He was shooting at it to blow it up, a scenario in which you die no matter what, and later he found the battery. Speaking of which, I swear that the other day I brought both batteries to the spot where it goes and neither would activate the event this time..
You said you brought BOTH batteries - that's it: it's the THIRD ONE that does it. ;)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Uhhhh gahh?! Heh I'll look for three next time, then...