Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Compy Glitch

Post by chronzerg »

Here is the compy glitch i promised...
no screens but a saved game...which is even better...
I am limited in time right now so lets get to the point:

to achieve the messed up compy, simply jump on a normal compy repeatively. Continually smash him into the side of the dead parasaurus and also crush him with your hand. Eventually he will end up like the one in the saved game.

a last note....

I thought these compies reminded me of rappers, You kno the way they move their legs sometimes. Well these compies look like they are rapping. Add some background music and you got it all.

Edited cos that isn't a savegame - see post by Big Red below - Wajas
The Hunted
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by The Hunted »

Heh, that's cool. Rapper Compies. Awesome.

-Brandon
ImageImageImage
Big Red
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Big Red »

umm, "SAVEDMAP.000" is a file generated by ATXTres and not your actual saved game.

also, quoting myself from the other thread,
I have trouble seeing how the "CLOAK" cheat alone would provoke such behavior. However, other cheats such as "HEALDINO" are known to cause such oddities. Does this happen when you enter ONLY the "CLOAK" cheat from a freshly-loaded game?
This was in regards to the other raptor issue you seem to be running into.
Trespasser ATX modification web site:
http://atx.trescom.org/
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

listen...i report what happened...you guys think it out...

i dont kno, I dont kno much about editing the .exe
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

What's described above isn't really a glitch. Chronzerg is just beating the shit out of a compy until the game's physics breaks down. You can get anything from reversed knee -- crazy legs to crunched up body parts -- nothing to do with atx, B.Red.
Darkraider
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Darkraider »

Yea chron it happens all the time with raptors.
Most of the time its because they're eating and jump and hit a tree.
I once ended up IN a raptor.
It killed me and i died in it so when ever it would
Move it would take me along.
On.sparks @ gmail . com
myspace.com/rotflmfaool
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

no no no...
the atx tres thingy was for the raptor glitch....
but mostlikely after hearing big red's conclusion, the cloak cheat had nothing to do with it
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

ATX had nothing to do with the raptor either. I'm fairly certain that I explained that trigger setup to you. The jist of it is;

The raptor is killed, then regenerated upon player's arrival. 'If' for some reason or another the raptor ended up outside of the standard death pose, or say you shoot at it and manage to knock it over before rebirth, when the raptor is brought back to life (in this case, through a location trigger), it'll be a drunken sailor, most likely unable to stand, look and behave much like one of those failed experiments in the aliens movie (and don't forget towelie (?) from southpark, alien spoof).

*In original levels, dead animals were always teleported 1st to insure upright positions, then reborn. In the above case, and with the raptor that comes back for a weak, second life by the flipped truck, it wasn't able to be handled in that manner since the raptors need to be reincarnated at their real-time locations.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

That is it. It isnt a glitch, It is my own fault. I teleported into the raptor. Something went wrong with the physics and I went flying out of his body and hit a palm tree near to the area. I walked back to his location and he was frozen. He charged at me. I put on cloak before he began to fall over. So then he fell over and you know the rest.

Hope you guys arent mad about me having fun with your work. I mean, isnt that the whole point, to enjoy what you guys have made. Someone else wanted some interesting saves so here it is.
Big Red
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Big Red »

What's described above isn't really a glitch. Chronzerg is just beating the shit out of a compy until the game's physics breaks down. You can get anything from reversed knee -- crazy legs to crunched up body parts -- nothing to do with atx, B.Red.
For the record, my first question that I quoted previously didn't have to do with the compies; I was asking chronzerg about the raptor issue here because he did not answer in the other thread. But never mind.

Anyway, thanks for clearing things up; I'm in a massive process of digging up the bugs at the moment, so I have to question any and all issues seriously (sometimes I'm glad nobody here knows assembly; it does keep people from seeing the crap I put in there!).
*In original levels, dead animals were always teleported 1st to insure upright positions, then reborn. In the above case, and with the raptor that comes back for a weak, second life by the flipped truck, it wasn't able to be handled in that manner since the raptors need to be reincarnated at their real-time locations.
On a related note, would you know of any way of getting past the "awry-legs" problem that comes from reviving turned-over dinos? For example, in the test scene, if you spawn the raptor (w/button), and then kill him and roll his body sideways or upside down, when you revive him with the button once more, his legs will not behave properly at all. It seems to show up anytime the dino is revived without being on his belly first. Have you noticed this? If so, do you know of any way around it?

I tried doing it manually (teleporting/orienting dinos upright from methods in the exe and then healing them), but it seems after all that if he's not on his belly beforehand he won't behave as he should.
Trespasser ATX modification web site:
http://atx.trescom.org/
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I don't, B.R. That death-pose appears to be the only position that's capable of keeping the bones system aligned properly during rebirth. The canimal animations are way out of my league --

*I still haven't found any bugs with your recent 1.30 version, though I've only been able to test it out on the original demo and tc_isle.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

I guess it isnt a glitch...
oh welll...it is still fun to watch...
i will post real saves up wednsday